Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekend Recap...

Wait, the weekend's over already?
Sad Face
I had one of those weekends in which I was super busy the entire weekend, and yet got very little accomplished. I had NO PLANS to speak of so was excited hopeful that I could actually get around to cleaning my pigsty house.
Saturday, I wanted to get the horses neatened up a little bit in the form of shortening manes and maybe trimming some whiskers. But by the time I did barn chores and turnouts, and rode and jumped them all, it was pretty late. The boys were all amazing at least! Perhaps they're ready to take a field trip...
Here are some gratuitous photos of my boys eating grass:
Ducky

Jampy

Rio

So I decided to put off the trimming until next week and get inside to clean the abode. After several hours of straightening, laundry, and organizing it was 11:00 pm. And the house wasn't actually clean yet. <<sigh>>
Ok so that meant Sunday was for cleaning. You know, after barn chores, turnouts, and riding (in the rain). And then it was 5:30. Sheesh. As a compromise to myself (self wanted to do nothing), I decided to do one more load of laundry, vacuum the downstairs, and change the sheets. The rest can wait... (boy is it dusty in here!) At first I was frustrated with myself for being so lazy. But then, as I was folding the load of laundry, I caught myself lecturing a pair of pants and realized maybe I did in fact need an hour of downtime this weekend. Sorry pants, it's not your fault you came out linty.
Needless to say, I did not get a run in this weekend. I did, however, go on Friday morning. Yay! It was a slow and steady three. Rather enjoyable, and I actually am looking forward to going again soon. No seriously, I really am!
I think that's about it for my weekend. I will leave you with these lovely blooms from my yard:


No comments:

Post a Comment