Thursday, June 13, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day!!! We're continuing with pastels because it's summer and it's appropriate. And it's fun. Shiny looks best in this color scheme so she's our model today. And this is what we wore:

Doesn't she look cute in lavender?? The boys' pads have baby pink trim so my outfit matched a little better with them. But it still works with Shiny's too. 

Can't say I see a difference in her weight yet, but she's only been on the diet a week. I have the same ridiculous expectations when I try to diet too. Haha!

Bridle: Nunn Finer
Brow band: Dark Jewel Designs
Bit: cheeks are Punk Ponies and mouth is sweet billy's

I really don't love this bridle, but I can't justify replacing it when we don't really use it all that much. It looks fine, just the leather is cheap feeling. And I hate how thick the throat latch piece is. 

Boots: Eskadron
I'm a big fan of the Eskadron boots. We have many iterations of them. 

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Lettia
Sheepskin liner: Eskadron
I've had this tie dye pad for a very long time. It used to be Rio's in fact. I've nearly put it in the saddle pile a few times, but it works nicely with my boots so I decided to keep it. 

That's what Shiny wore this week, and here's what I had on:

Lavender and rose gold (ish)! And gray. Also some gray. I love pastels!

Helmet: One K
Horseloverz had this gray mips helmet on sale last summer and I had been wanting to replace the old gray one I had with a not expired MIPS model. The price was right so I did! And then I had to have the lavender inserts for it. Of course, they didn't have this color here in the US, but Fundis got me hooked up. You can't really see in this photo (sorry) but I have the rose gold rails in there too.

Top: Luyaa
I know, I know. I wear the same shirt nearly every day in different colors. When you like something, you get it in all the colors, okay?

Belt: Zazzle
I wear these belts a lot too. Same reason. Plus they're so cute! This one features me jumping all of the horses, but run through an app that makes them look like pencil drawings. And yes, I waste a lot of time playing with photos and apps. 

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
I snagged these from consignment I think last year? Yearh before maybe? And I was SHOCKED that they had no stains. I'm not sure they were ever worn before I had them. I can assure you, they know have lots of stains. But I love the color!

Boots: Celeris UK
These aren't leaching color as badly as the mint ones anymore. I even wore them on all the horses and my saddles came away just fine! Of my custom boots, only three of them are my current measurements, and this pair is one of them. It's nice to wear boots that actually fit me now and then! But they aren't fully broken in just yet, so my ankles were a little bothered by them. I need to wear them more. 

And that's it for today! I sometimes think the pastels look a little weird on horses, but then I decide I don't care because they are pretty. Haha! I'm not sure I'd ever be brave enough to wear them out riding in public though. Neons too. Some things are meant for at home. 

2 comments:

  1. lol idk about not wearing those out in public tbh, maybe just not at the hunter barn. eventers love stuff like that tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in another life I must have been an eventer. Too bad I'm such a weenie, or I'd cross over!

      Delete