Thursday, September 28, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day! And yes, I'm wearing green again... But it's officially autumn and therefore my farm colors are very much on trend for the season. Eros is our model today, so we'll start with his outfit. But um... I forgot a full body photo. Guess we'll just jump right into individual items.

Bridle: Pinnacle
Browband: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks

Is there a handsomer face in all the land? No. No there is not. (Don't tell Al I said that. He is also handsome in his own way.) Anyway, still really liking these Pinnacle bridles for the price point. I think more than the old Camelot bridles I was so happy with. (I think I'll have a couple of those for sale soon, if anyone is looking.) 

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Mattes
Saddle Pad: PerfEq Pad by Anatomeq
These pads are pricey, but Taylor does run sales a few times a year when you can save a little. I really like them. They are very breathable and they do seem to keep the horses cooler underneath. They stay put really well too. If a pad doesn't move on Eros, it probably won't move on most other horses either. Al wore this pad in white for our two shows this year, and I really was happy with that pad too. 

Boots: Eskadron
I'm kind of loving this new color from Eskadron. They call it Cognac, but I call it pumpkin spice. I've been hunting for some tan boots, and I think these will fill that roll. 

So that's what E wore today, and here's what I had on:

It's a very autumnal outfit. For someone who doesn't really love fall, I do very much like the color pallet. 

Helmet: One K CCS MIPS
I think it's kind of funny that One K made this helmet in gray and navy but not in brown. Odd no? I'd really like a brown one. Anyway, I wore the black one with the green and sand inserts. 

Top: MathCat
Vest: Ariat
I hope I manage to keep this vest in good shape for a long time. It's one of my favorites! I like it with this tan shirt; I wasn't sure if it would work, but it does!

Belt: Noble Outfitters

I have this belt in a few colorways as they are frequently a promotion at Dover. This is obviously my favorite of the bunch though. It's like it was made just for me!

Breeches: RJ Classics Harper
I scored these on Poshmark for like $60 and I don't think they were ever actually worn. I like the RJ breeches, and these Harper style are my favorite of theirs. 

Boots: Mountain Horse Sovereign Luxe

My zipper finally gave up the ghost on my black Celeris boots this morning, so these are officially stepping into the roll of "go-to boots".  I'd have worn them today anyway though, because they go best with this outfit. 

That's it for this week's outfit! Any favorites? Anything you want to see before we move back to the other barn for the winter? 

No comments:

Post a Comment