Thursday, September 7, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit Day! And while we were boring today, we went with blues this week instead of green. Because it was time to mix it up a little. Shiny will be our model today, and here's what we had on:

We even matched the jump! 

Here's what Shiny had on up closer:

I love her in pastels. But she really looks great in most colors. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
I should have grabbed her other bridle from the shed, but it was hot out, and I didn't feel like it. So we went this old standby. Never a bad choice!

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Smartpak
Heh... I didn't realize my crop was throwing a shadow on the pad until after I had untacked. My bad. Anyway, this pad from Smartpak is pretty nice. It has memory foam panels built into it so no need for an additional half pad. I'm not generally a big memory foam fan, but Shiny seems to like this set up. 

Boots: Horze
These boots fit her well for the most part, but for some reason, the top strap is ridiculously long. They do the job though!

That's what Shiny had on, and here's what I wore today:

All the blues. All of them.

Helmet: One K CCS Mips
I had switched out the lighter blue inserts I had on this helmet for the gold ones to match my yellow outfit for spirit week. And I forgot to switch them back. But the gold looks nice on here anyway. 

Shirt: Luyaa
I know. I basically just wear the exact same outfit all the time in different colors. But I really like these shirts!

Belt: Rebecca Ray
I've had this belt forever, but I still love it and wear it all the time. 

Breeches: Equiline Boston
These are the breeches that I think are mis-sized. They are like two sizes bigger than I normally wear, but fit great. My other Equiline pants all have silicone patches, but this pair has fabric ones. I like them. Snagged them REALLY cheap from Redpost Equestrian awhile ago. 

Boots: Celeris
I've shared these a few times at this point, but I'm starting to really like them now that they're broken in. These are actual dressage boots with stiff outter panels, which is not at all my jam generally. But I snagged these for just over $100 from a sale at Reiten Leder. They were demos that no one else wanted. Probably for two reasons: 1.tiny feet with real woman calves and 2. they don't have a zipper. So yes, I have to lace them all the way each time I wear them. But once you get the hang of it, it's easy and quick enough. I still would never order a pair of stiff boots on purpose, but these have broken in nicely and are pretty comfortable. 

That's it for today! Any favorites? Happy to see a non green boring outfit?

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE that those boots have laces instead of zips. I feel like it's always the zip that dies, usually at the most inopportune moment. It'd be so handy to just have a spare pair of laces on hand that you could throw on if the laces broke at a show or something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true! Once you get the hang of it, you can lace them pretty quickly.

      Delete
  2. Love the blues even if blogger doesn't want me to post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also wear essentially the same outfit every day but in slightly different colors / arrangements lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those boots are lovely. I am not a fan of the hard shell in general but those are nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I kind of forget about them in this pair, until I try to put boots on my horse! They are a hair short, so I think that helps me not to notice it so much.

      Delete