Thursday, September 21, 2023

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day! And I have a fun one today! (I promised it wouldn't be green again this week, and it definitely is NOT.) Al wanted to model today, and since he's been the problem child of late, I figured this outfit was perfect for him! Here's what he had on:

Boy that's an awkward angle... It looks like two different horses welded into one. Lil' guy in the front and a behemoth in the back. Adorable though, even if the ends don't seem to match. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Look at that face! Love this roman nosed sillypants! That browband was a dog leash from Zazzle. I was able to make a horse sized and a cob sized browband from it. It's hard to see what's printed on there in this photo, but those are indeed F Bombs. Lol!

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Ippico
Saddle Pad: Dreamers and Schemers
Hee hee... I had to get this print. I thought it was SO punny when it first came out as socks, and it's even more punny on a saddle pad! I like these pads a lot. They don't seem to shift at all and while they are a bit thicker than I normally use, Al seemed perfectly comfortable in it. They do not have any keepers on them which I really like because I never use any of those anyway.

Boots: Premier Equine 
I mentioned a bit ago that I wanted a pair of interchangeable boots that weren't fuzzy lined for summer, so dug my Premier Equine boots out of the shed and made all the horses a pair! I got this fabric from Spoonflower for the straps. 

So that's what Al wore today, and here's what I had on:
Definitely no green in sight! Plenty of orange though. 

Helmet: Samshield
I was going to wear my blue helmet with this outfit, but it didn't really match, and I already had this one on from riding at the other barn this morning. So I just went with it. 

Shirt: Amazon

We've reached that weird point in September where it's not t-shirt weather, and it's not hoodie weather either. So I layered my tee over a seamless top. I'm nothing if not resourceful. 

Belt: C4
D&S collaborated with C4 awhile back for some sock and belt packs and this belt is from way back then. Hence the reason it's not the same color as the pad or the current edition of the socks. But I wanted to wear it anyway, because sometimes I just don't match. Okay? Okay. 

Breeches: Vestrum
I've been hunting for a very long time for the perfect shade of orange breeches. And I haven't had much success. Until these! I got them from my favorite breeches dealer (okay, it's a tack store) overseas, Riders House, for a great price. The first time I wore them I wasn't sure if I liked them. The fit is a little different than my other pants, but after today, I've decided I like them very much. My only complaint is that the pockets are useless. They're like an inch and half deep. Seriously. Why even have them? 

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
I did upgrade to the new socks. The old ones were the first generation material which I was not the biggest fan of. But I LOVE the current material they're using so I had to snag a pair to match my pad. Obviously. 

Boots: Celeris 
I'm still limping this pair of boots along! No holes yet! The zippers are nearly kaput, but they're hanging on for now! I briefly considered wearing my navy pioneer boots today, but I was spray painting some boards in between horses today, and figured I'd be less sad if I accidentally got paint on these, so I stuck with them. 

And that's it for today! Any favorites? Do you love the F-Bombs as much as I do?? (The answer is yes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment