Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Truthful Tuesday

 

Guys. I think it's been raining forever here. I really hope this wet summer (and now fall) isn't going to be indicative of snowfall this winter... Yikes. Scary thought! Anyway, my confession today is that I took a rain day on Saturday. It wasn't raining that hard, it wasn't THAT cold (low 60's F), but I just decided to give my horses the day off anyway. And you know what? It was fine. They weren't crazy on Sunday. They didn't lose fitness because of a bonus day off. And I got to visit my friend who was showing her cows at a local fair. Which also meant I got to eat a bunch of fair food. Which was the perfect way to prep for my Yom Kippur fast! So yeah. Today's confession is that I chose not to ride in the rain on Saturday and instead ate my weight in junk food at the fair. And I'd do it again!

2 comments:

  1. nothing wrong with that at all. and I do need to know what junk food you had :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! So much! I started with a loaded baked potato, followed that up with a hot dog which was surrounded by a fried potato ribbon (not as delicious as I'd hoped), next were some pumpkin fritters, a lime rickey, and a bucket of cookies.

      Delete