Wednesday, July 22, 2020

What's Up Wednesday


Happy Wednesday all! Things are plugging along over here. Last week we had spirit week at the barn and as promised, here are all of Pammon and my outfits:

Tuesday: Tacky Tourist Day
I learned after this day to make sure I had someone grab a photo with my phone... cause this one wasn't. Pammon wore a palm frond baby pad from Lettia with a light pink sheepskin half pad and pink polos. Also his sunnies of course. I wore a palm frond top, pink breeches and boots, and a pin sparkly helmet. We felt very tropical.

Wednesday: Larimar Wednesday
Today we were to wear the barn colors and/or logo. Fortunately, I have these Ariat breeches that are perfect and I made this shirt, belt, and Pammon's half pad with my Cricut. He also wore am appropriately colored bonnet and boots. Also, my boots and helmet were navy.

Thursday: Throwback Thursday
I already shared this outfit on Thursday's Threads last week. It was fun!

Friday: Color wars!!!
My quadrant was assigned yellow which I really wasn't sure I could pull off. Fortunately, I remembered I had these neon breeches from Tuffrider. I had to get creative with boots though. I only had gold for Pammon and my logo boots are done with a gold logo. Close enough. It's yellow gold! My pad and half pad were a pale yellow also. I thought I had donated them, but was happy I didn't!

Saturday: Free for all
I love putting ridiculous outfits together, but I struggled at first with Saturday without a topic for guidance. Ultimately, I decided to just go for whatever I could really go all out with. And that's unicorn colors obviously. Pammon wore this pad, bonnet, and polos set from Hopeful Equestrian. We topped him off with the unicorn beaded browband from Dark Jewel Designs and the unicorn bit from Punk Ponies of course! I wore a black helmet and boots, purple Hadley breeches, and a running tank from Fabletics.

We only won the first day, but some of the kids went all out with costumes and decorating their horses. So that's fair. I wound up not partaking in stall decorating Sunday but everyone did a fabulous job with those! Sorry I forgot to take photos. I'm the worst. I hope we do spirit week again though, it was lots of fun!

So I have to share this story... I get on Eros on Friday and I notice there's ropes all over. Some tied to the walkouts, one on a tree, and a couple across the manure bin. 
At first I was thinking maybe Shiny got loose and my helper decided to tie her in to catch her? But that wouldn't make sense because these ones across the dumpster were attached to my hay barn with screw eyes that hadn't been there... (Don't get me started on people putting holes in things without asking me first.... GRRRRR....) So I sent a text to my helper, like what's with the ropes. And you guys. Oh my. His intentions were good of course. But OH MY! He had put them up to contain the horses when he let them loose in my yard! You guys. SO NOT OKAY. The entire far side, while it has a tree line, does not have any sort of fencing and is basically a cliff. His reasoning was that the horses liked to eat the grass (of course they do) and while Shiny's paddock has some grass in it (okay weeds... but I "seeded" it with their hay so it's yummy weeds) Eros turns out in the ring which is obviously not grass. BUT I do hand graze them most evenings and on the weekends. Not to mention they are both morbidly obese quite chubby. I hate having to be a jerk, but I told him it's much too dangerous and we can't be doing that. And then I had to take down all the ropes. On Friday night. After riding at 7:30 AM, working all day, then riding two more. Sheesh. I mean, I appreciate his intentions, but why can't he ask me before doing something like that?!

Okay, rant over. Back to the fun stuff! It's been pretty hot and humid here. This morning, while cool (74 at 7:30 am!) was 91% humidity and 71 degree dew point. Sticky. 


I've still been sticking with Eros' and Pammon's prescribed rides since those aren't particularly strenuous. Pammon's kind of are just given length of time, but it's cooler when I ride him, and he seems to handle the heat like a champ. But Shiny has gotten off a little easy. We rode every day of course, but her jump school Saturday was very short, and Sunday we played around bareback.
I was also kind of lazy about media this weekend, and only used the Pivo. I was excited to try out their new Beta Horse version, and it's pretty fab. I have the red, but if you're thinking about getting one, definitely go with the silver as it is able to react a little faster than mine. 

So here are some clips of Shiny jumping around Saturday. She was great! But we have a lot to work on. I need to set up a grid at some point to get her rocking back more, and not just pulling us past the distance and jumping over her shoulder. I'm sure part of that is simply that 2' is easy for her and partly just that she's still green. I think there's a cute jumping pony in there, but we have to do a little work to get her to come out.

Eros is up to 15 minutes of trotting this week, and I've started to ask him for a little contact. Mostly just to get his attention back on me, but also it's probably time he start using the proper muscles. I don't think he's 100% yet as far as soundness, but I know he's due for some maintenance. Not to mention, he's never been 100% sound. He and Pammon will both have a recheck I think next week. So we'll see what doc thinks. But here's a little clip of Eros trotting around.


Oh and I made my hair purple again. It seems sweating like an animal all over it fades it much faster though.
in process purple hair

That's about it from here. How's your week going? Did you do anything fun last weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Ugh so scary, I would be kinda mad about the horses being set loose in the yard (also just screw eyes being put into anything).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was SUPER annoyed! But was trying to contain myself because I know he meant well.

      Delete
  2. Glad you figured out the strings, but that's scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought the nutty neighbor was up to something... so at least it wasn't that!

      Delete
    2. I thought that at first, too!

      Delete
  3. 1) the throwback outfit is still definitely my fave haha, those boots omg

    2) i just love Shiny!! is that footage from the Pivo?? it reminds me of how a nervous mom would shoot slightly distracted video while watching her kid jump around on a naughty pony haha. still, tho, not bad for a bot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yes it was the Pivo. I need to try it maybe at the end of the ring one of these days. I like it in the center because it sees everything pretty well, but since I have the red, it can't spin fast enough to really keep up so close to the fences. I think the silver would do a better job.

      Delete