Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Truthful Tuesday


Heh... well, I always knew I had a lot of random crap when it comes to saddle pads, horse boots, and human clothes. But I never knew just how handy my hoarding would be! I still haven't ventured out to any stores. I really don't go anywhere except occasionally to see my parents and to the barn. And the gas station like once a month ish. So when the barn sent a group text saying they would be having spirit week I was kind of bummed that I wouldn't be able to go all in. We were only given a few days notice and nothing ships in two days anymore. So I knew I had to work with what I have at home. You guys. I'm all in. And I didn't have to buy anything! The themes are as follows:
Tuesday: Tacky Tourist Tuesday
Wednesday: Larimar Day (wear barn colors/barn logo stuff)
Thursday: Throw Back Thursday (any decade up through 90's)
Friday: Team Colors (My team has been assigned yellow)
Sunday: Stall decorating day (Saturday is skipped because they are all going to a one day show)

So today was the first day, and Pammon and I kicked things off early this morning. I'll share photos of every day next week, but here's a little sneak peak from my ride before work today:
We didn't actually ride with the sunglasses, trainer was afraid we might die. 
But probably it would have been fine... 
So yeah, I actually already owned that sunglass browband. Why you ask? Just because I'm me. Obviously they were useful and it's a good thing I have them!

I have all the weekdays covered, but I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do for stall decorating. I don't really have much decor for that sort of thing handy I don't think, and I just don't really have any idea what I want to do. 

Anyway, my confession today is that I clearly have too much random crap... But also I am glad that I do so we can have a lot of fun without even leaving my property!

Have you guys ever participated in spirit week? Any suggestions for stall front decorating? I was half thinking I'd just set it up like my horse show "set up" with some ribbons and my director's chair. But that's a little weak maybe.

14 comments:

  1. Haha - love Pammon's sunglasses! You were meant to participate in weeks like these - I have a feeling you will rock Thursday with all of your 80s stuff! :-)

    I'm terrible at themes and decorating, so I'm no help on the stall stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah today's post is kind of a repeat of one I've done before... but necessary given the theme!

      Delete
  2. This is definitely a challenge uniquely situated to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm definitely doing my party to carry my quadrant.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha L is right, you are UNIQUELY SUITED to kick butt at this challenge. I cannot wait to see the rest of the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh. hell. YES!!! this is awesome hahahaha, i wish we'd do something like this omg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. One of the teens showed up with a unicorn floatie. It was HILARIOUS!

      Delete
  6. Pammon looks WILDLY enthused by his sunglasses hahaha. Oh the life of the adult ammie horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's all "I'm not sure I signed up for this nonsense"

      Delete
  7. What a great idea!! I think you will kick ass.

    ReplyDelete