Thursday, July 9, 2020

Thursday's Threads


Outfit Day! Finally, an outfit day at home. Eros isn't quite sure what he signed up for coming to live at Winthrop Corner. But he was a very handsome model last night. So here's what we all wore!

We can start with my outfit and then follow up with what the ponies wore.

Helmet: One K
I've missed my sparkly gray helmet! I still kinda want the black and rose gold version. But I'm trying to behave and not buy expensive things.

Shirt: Spiced Equestrian
This one sums me up quite well.

Belt: Mane Jane
I mean to swap this buckle out for the gunmetal one, but totally forgot. Sorry, I was up early to ride Pammon before work yesterday and mornings aren't really my jam. 

Breeches: Romfh
I love the Romfh breeches for summer. They're so lightweight, and super comfy! This color is fun too.

Boots: Imperial Riding
I mean... I know they are ridiculous. But I think it's in the best way. You can actually see yourself in them. I just wish they'd make them in gold... Or holo... or... ROSE GOLD HOLO! Okay sorry. I'll stop.

Oops... I dressed the horses up, but forgot the arm party. Next week! But in lieu of that, here are horsey outfits!

Bridles: Eros is wearing a Royal bridle and Shiny's is from Nunn Finer
Browbands: Both are from Dark Jewel Designs
Bits: Eros is wearing a leather D from Sweet Billy's and Shiny's is just something generic Korsteel probably

I only have good things to say about the Dark Jewel browbands. If you've been thinking about one, do it! I love these with the spikes. I should have busted out the matching fly bonnets, but I forgot. Also love the Sweet Billy's bits. Though they kept using one of Eros' on Pammon at the boarding barn and he chewed right through it. So don't recommend for a chewer! Rio and Eros both loved them though. They get so soft in them.
As for the Bridles, I kind of like the Royal bridles for the price. They aren't the best leather obviously, but they're soft and look very nice. For some reason though, my credit card company doesn't trust their site and I can't buy from them anymore. The Nunn Finer aren't my favorite. It's kind of stiff and the reins are weirdly long for a cob bridle.

Saddles: Eros is wearing my Hermes, Shiny has  Butet
Stirrups: both are MDC
Saddle Pads: Eros is wearing a baby pad from Hopeful Equestrian and a half pad from Ippico. Shiny's pad is FSS that I got on Ebay

The FSS pads aren't nearly as nice as the ones from Mattes, but they're also a lot cheaper. I got the medium size since it is for Shiny and it fits the 17" saddle perfectly. But this one has short flaps. It might be a bit short for a regular flap saddle. I'll have to try it with my other one and see.

Boots: Both are from Punk Ponies

Punk Ponies have the best stuff. And MAYBE we have matching bridles for these... Well okay. We DO. But they were out of Cob, so I'm waiting until I can get that for Shiny before we debut them.
And a couple of action shots because my horses are the cutest. And I need to pick my hands up. Maybe my eyeballs too.


So that's it for today! Any favorites? Do you have any of this stuff? Like it? Love it? Hate it?



10 comments:

  1. I covet those breeches. Also the boots and the helmet, but what else is new?! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks! The boots are crazy. Even by my standards.

      Delete
  2. The breeches are a lovely color, but I'm not digging the shape of the pads, call me old fashioned lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baby pad is normal shaped actually. It's just a too big for that silly little saddle.
      I really like the shape of the other one though. I like how it tucks nicely under the girth.

      Delete
  3. those boots holy mother of god maybe i DO need some like that after all.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fairly inexpensive as boots go... They were under $200 before shipping from the UK. I would 100% support you adding them to the rotation.

      Delete
  4. Super fun outfits for you and the ponies! Those breeches look great - putting them on my list (if I ever ride again...lol). I had to chuckle at the rose gold holo - but that would be kinda cool. But only if they made horse boots to match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um... I already have boots... hahaha! I have a problem.

      The ROMFH breeches are super comfy. They don't cover up any... flaws if you will... But they're comfy and very light weight for the summer.

      Delete
  5. I really like that pad on Shiny - and my saddle has the shortest flaps in the barn so I'm guessing it would work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them a lot too! I bet your pony would look fab in it!

      Delete