Wednesday, August 22, 2018

What's Up Wednesday

Nothing too crazy happening over here this week. No ponies to ride again. Boo. But I did have a bunch to braid, so that's horse related at least!
Friday after work and taking care of my boys, I headed over to a nearby barn and braided a couple horses there.
I got done around midnight and headed over to the other barn where I just had one to do. Of course, for some reason the road to get there was closed, so that delayed things a little. Boo. I got there eventually though and he came out well.
I think he was annoyed I was there so late. Less time to rub buddy.
I got in my bed at 3am. THREE AM. You guys. I am not that young anymore. I didn't have a barn helper Saturday either, so I was up at 7:30 to feed the boys. Ouch. I planned to do turnout and stalls a little later because I had a few errands I had to run before noon. And then I got a text from a good friend about a pop-up sale nearby. She lives over an hour away so we don't see each other much. We agreed to meet up there for a little bit. So I did that too before the stalls. On the bright side, the horses enjoyed many hours of outside time in exchange.
Not exactly sure what went on during those hours outside... but clearly Jamp has some secrets.
After barning I was supposed to attend a pop up dinner party at a local state park. (Apparently everything pops up these days?) Unfortunately, it was pouring rain. The hostess moved the dinner to her house instead which was fine with me, closer drive! And closer to where I had to go braid that night. One of the other girls didn't understand the text though, so we had to wait for her to relocate before actually eating... at 9:00 PM. So my early evening of braiding was not to be. Sigh.
I got started at 11 on the first pony, and was done with the second around one. Ouch. They came out nicely though at least!
I had to spend a few minutes with the pups after I got home. So it was another nearly 3am bedtime. OUCH! Seriously guys. I'm OLD.
Thankfully Sunday I had a helper so I slept till 9:30. It was pretty fabulous, not gonna lie. Fit in the farmer's market, then spent much of the afternoon with the ponies.
Remember when he had a topline? No, me neither.

somehow he still has a topline though? Go figure.
AND I took the pups out for awhile too.


Then music and lobster obviously.

I couldn't stay too late at the concert because it's becoming VERY apparent that summer is winding down.
Yep. The sun was setting on my walk home. I'm not ready for these shorter evenings and cold weather to come back. NOT. READY. This really was the summer that wasn't.
This week is more of the same, except that if I'm at all late getting home, it seems Rio gets stuck walking in the dark.
Or grazing. Whatever. Point is, it's dark out at 7:30! How can that be?!
In fun news, my bonnets finally came from If The Bonnet Fits! I ordered them back in the spring before everyone stopped working. I got them each one of the following (Rio's have stretchy ears, and Jamp's have noise canceling ears): Show bonnet for the jumpers (Not that either was going to show again, but it's ok to be prepared for the next jumper I get... right?), a bonnet in our barn colors for everyday, and then one to match our unicorn bits.
The unicorn ones say "Magical" and "Unicorn" on the ears, the barn color ones say "Less Hand" and "More Leg" (I need reminders ok?), and I left the show ones plain.
 What's up with you guys this week? Did you show this past weekend? Have a lesson? Go somewhere fun?

8 comments:

  1. Those are some gorgeous braids! I used to be able to braid like that....and then I was out of the horse business for a while while in the military and totally lost my skills. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can get back to it, it's just lots of doing it.

      Delete
  2. As always- your braids are to DIE for. I really need to practice some before heading to another show.... LOVE those bonnets with the sayings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The bonnets are so fun! I almost want more...

      Delete
  3. so i want that purple trimmed one. I have to show you the one Amanda had made for me :) I keep forgetting i have it because I haven't ridden in longer than you have (That is saying something right?) HA HA HA

    I stayed up past midnite Sat and then flying home sunday wasnt in bed till after midnite. OFFICIALLY TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT so i feel you :)

    Pugs are adorable and I NOTICED HOW FAST IT IS GETTING DARK NOW AT NITE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna see the bonnet! But also, I love the minion one so much.

      Delete
  4. You make me so jealous with your constant lobster rolls!

    Also you are making me empathy tired with your 3am bed times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad that lobster roll season is coming to a close though. Waahhhh!

      Delete