Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Truthful Tuesday

Heh.... So you all know how I've been hunting a rat right? It comes in my barn. Chews on some wood. Poops a little. And hides from me. He's not welcome. I don't want him in there. So I've set traps. I can't do poison for obvious reasons. I caught one with the traps a few months ago and was hopeful there weren't more. There's not really much evidence to suggest there are many. But alas, there was at least one more. And I can't catch the little jerk. He even licked all the Nutella off the traps and somehow only sprung one of them. And he didn't have the decency to get caught in the one he sprung. But that's not my confession... Oh no. My confession is that when reloading the traps on Sunday, I managed to snap my own finger. I guess that's my karma for trying to kill a semi-innocent animal. Freakin' hurt I'll tell you! But I still reset the trap. Guess I didn't learn my lesson.
 

16 comments:

  1. We battle mice periodically and I had to buy the press and set kinds, because I kept snapping my own fingers and I was worried about breaking something haha. Idk if those come in rat size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into it. These clearly aren't working anyway.

      Delete
    2. This style is the one I've used (although I didn't buy a multi-pack lol):

      Mouse Trap, Ankace Rat/Mice Trap That Work Humane Power Rodent Killer 100% Mouse Catcher [Quick & Effective & Sanitary] Safe for Families and Pet - 6 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076ZKN16N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7XSLAbEDHEQTR

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I'm gonna order those right now!

      Delete
  2. We have one persistent bastard rat in our tack room. I have 4 different types of traps. None have caught it. Some of them get tripped, but never a rat and most are just sitting empty all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think rats are actually pretty smart. Which I find irritating.

      Delete
  3. Catching my finger is my greatest fear with traps! Especially the rat-sized ones. OMG. But the rat has to go!

    I confess that I used poison in my barn, but I never found dead rats, just mice. So I suspect the rats don't eat it anyway. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully it just snapped on me, but I didn't actually get caught in it. Ugh, could you imagine?!
      I actually did do poison one year when I was having a mouse issue. But my dog got into it, so I vowed never again. Thankfully she was ok, I rushed her straight to the ER as soon as I saw her with it.

      Delete
    2. Eck, yeah, I probably wouldn't ever use poison again at that point, either. So glad she was ok! I had enough places to hide it that the dogs couldn't access.

      Delete
    3. It was one of those weird things. I had to do so many things I don't normally do for her to get it, and somehow it was the perfect storm. So scary!

      Delete
  4. Yowza!!! Sounds painful. LOL at using Nutella!! What happened to cheese?!?

    <3 Kelly @ HunkyHano

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I had this terrible flying squirrel infestation in my house a bunch of years ago, and I had to get a wildlife guy to get rid of them. He told me that all these rodents LOVE hazelnut. He uses a spread that's probably just hazelnut and not with chocolate, but I figured I'd give it a try! They do seem to like it. I've used peanut butter to catch mice a lot too.

      Delete