Thursday, April 4, 2013

!Que Ganga!

So occasionally, I like to buy apparel and shoes rather than groceries. It's a win-win really, because I get new stuff AND a diet all at the same time. Usually this is prompted by discovering a hole in my wardrobe. This time it happened on Easter Sunday. Despite my being Jewish, I do have family members who are Catholic, so we celebrate everything. I knew what dress I wanted to wear so wasn't worried ahead of time about figuring out an outfit:
Cute, right? Only problem being, it's barely April, and I have NO closed toed shoes that match. Uh-oh. I wanted "nude" color to match the trim and lining of the dress. Fortunately my mother and I wear the same size shoes, and she lives close to me. A quick phone call, and my outfit was saved. I had to go with flats, but hey, beggers can't be choosers.
How can it be, that I don't own nude colored shoes other than sandals? I have an entire room for shoe storage! Yikes. Guess I needed to go shopping.
It was crazy windy and cold Wednesday evening, which does not make for good riding conditions. So instead of riding the equine, I went shopping.
First stop, Nine West. I wandered the store for a bit before making any decisions. Best to have an idea of what's there before schlepping lots of boxes all over the place. Oh did I mention it was buy one get one half off EVERYTHING?! Yep even clearance. Long story short, here's what I wound up with:
Basically, I paid for the tall black boots (which are pretty amazing, the photo does zero justice) and got the rest for free. Well, almost, the white ones on the right were from another store. But they were on clearance, 20 bucks with tax! That's a pretty good deal.
Now really, I should have stopped here and gone home. But you know when in Rome... So stop #2 was to Rue 21. Rue 21 is a very trendy, very inexpensive store full of junior type clothing. I'm too old for the place. But often I can find great trendy pieces that are age appropriate when paired with something a little more grown up. Or sometimes I just like to dress like I'm a twenty-something. Whatever. I do what I want. Don't judge. Anyway, went over there, and all of the clearance was half off already marked down prices. Woohoo! I love me a good sale. I walked out of there at around 100 bucks and got 5 pairs of jeans, 2 sweaters, a sweater dress, and 6 bracelets. Not a bad haul!
Stop #3 was my last and was for the white shoes pictured above. I needed them for a dress I'm wearing to an event this weekend.
Now I just need to find somewhere to put it all... Maybe dresser shopping next!


26 days till MY BIRTHDAY!!!
(Sorry, I warned you there would be a lot of that this month)

2 comments: