Friday, April 26, 2013

Finally Friday!

On top of all the normal busy-ness that comes with being a full time working grown up and having a small horse farm, this week I've also been braiding horse manes. It's a great talent to have, as it's a quick way to make some extra money. There is a horse show running Thurs-Sunday near me. Unfortunately, my horses aren't quite ready to start showing after their winter hiatus, but that means I can be a little extra tired and make some bank!
Yesterday I just had one horse to do. It was a little tough getting up at 5:30 (SO NOT a morning person!) especially since it was rainy and cold. But then this happened:
Something special about a rainbow, especially in the morning! The horse I was working on was a rather busy, so it took me a little longer than normal to get her mane done. But the completed product was pretty nice!
After finishing up at my neighbor's farm, I went back home to get showered and ready for work. Worked all day, then home to exercise the horses. After running a quick errand and stuffing some food in my face, it was off to bed!
This morning I had two to do, but a little further away. It's even harder to get up at 4:30... Just saying. But I dragged my lazy self out of bed and was on my way:
(Did I mention how cold it was?) My first one this morning was such a gentleman! I don't think he moved a muscle the entire time I was working on him.

Only took me about a half hour. The next one had a really tough mane. VERY thick and wiry. But luckily she was a little pony so it all balanced out. I think she took me about 40 minutes. I don't have a finished photo of her. People were arriving at the show and I didn't want to look weird taking pictures of my own braids... Plus, not my best work with the tough mane. But here's a mid-way through photo:
I have both of these two again tomorrow, so I am going to try and do a better job on this little gray one.
After all that braiding, it was off to work. Then riding the boys at home, and MORE BRAIDING! I have two to do tonight, and then the above two again tomorrow morning. So while I may be exhausted, I just funded a nice little shopping trip or two... I'm sure there will be a post on that later!
Happy Friday everyone!


(PS: 4 days till my birthday!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment