Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Truthful Tuesday

 

Sorry to post so late today! I got a phone call from an old friend and we had a lot to catch up on. Next thing I knew it was now… anyway, that’s not my confession but I suppose it could be.

My confession is that sometimes I get so focused on one thing that I wind up ignoring something else. Case in point: yesterday was Monday. On Monday I tend to spend very little time with my horses. After two 11ish hour days in a row together over the weekend, we can all use a little break from each other. My helper is there in the morning for turn out and what not, so I just have to feed meals and do night check. Also on Mondays I tend to wear normal people clothes which in the summer might include sandals or flip flops. 

The footwear is obviously a poor choice in the barn, so I tend to be hyper careful about where I put my feet if I have to go in the stalls. Which I need to do for Shiny to swap her haynet. And yesterday I also had to go in Eros’ stall to wrap him and to retrieve his feed pan that he had thrown to the back of his stall. All was fine with Shiny. She’s generally very good about staying in her own space. Wrapping Eros was also fine. But where I ran into a problem was retrieving the feed pan.

Due to my hyper vigilance about my feet, I failed to notice that Eros had positioned his giant head directly over my own. So when I stood up from grabbing the feed pan I smashed the back of my head right into his teeth. 

Thankfully it was the back of my head so you can’t see the bruise that I imagine would be very colorful if not covered by my hair. So that’s today’s confession. I’m careful with my feet but not my noggin. 

2 comments:

  1. both of my horses step on me so often (they want to be lap cats, i suppose) i legit cannot even handle the idea of wearing sandals around them omg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to do it, but every now and then I'm too lazy to go inside and switch shoes just to feed lunch. Inevitably it's not "just feed lunch" though... One day I think I will have a lot of regrets. The only thing that would save me though, is the stalls have memory foam under the matts, so when they do step on you in there, it doesn't usually hurt much. So hopefully I'd keep all the toes...

      Delete