Friday, July 5, 2024

Thursday's Threads: 4th of July Edition

 


Outfit day on a HOLIDAY! My favorite. You all know I love a theme. To be real though, I'm a little worried about America and I'm not sure how festive I'm feeling. So I didn't get too crazy today. We kept it fairly classy. FAIRLY. It's Shiny's turn to model, so let's start with her. 

She looks oddly unfestive here which I didn't realize... I guess you need us together to get the actual theme. Maybe next year I'll come up with something more festive for the equine to wear. Anyway... You'll see in the close ups that is wearing blue.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow Band: Dark Jewel Designs
I felt like the spiked brow band gave firework vibes. Maybe it's a stretch... But I'm going with it!

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Premier Equine
Belly band is from Horze
I'm still really happy with the Premier Equine pads. I wish they'd come out with fun colors again... but specifically like good combos, maybe not so much the crazy combos they had before. But also... like bring back the crazy good prices too. They're stuff is pretty pricey these days. 

Boots: Horze
You guys have seen these before. I like them a lot for the horses, but for Shiny, the straps are really long. They work, the velcro isn't too long, but there's a lot of strap left hanging. And you can't really cut it off because of how they're designed. That aside, they're nicely made, and fit well otherwise.

That's what Shiny wore today, and here's what I had on:

There we go. That's more festive! I told you we kept it pretty classy today. Maybe next year we'll get more festive. We'll have to see how things go...

Helmet: One K Avance Mips
I haven't worn this navy hat much lately. I like it with the shiny gold shield. 

Top: Ralph Lauren
I thought I had a couple of cute festive tee shirts, but turns out, I only have tank tops. I had to do barn chores this morning since it's a holiday, and I don't really like to do chores in a tank top. I get too itchy. Thankfully I discovered this perfect top in the tee shirt drawer! The Pony is even red!

Belt: Equetech
I wore my pink version of this belt a few weeks ago, and here's the white one. I got this one also in a Forelock and Fringe box, and have been so happy with it. I've had it a couple years now, and it gets a decent amount of use, and still looks lovely which is saying something for a white belt! This one is a bigger size than the pink one though and I had to punch some holes in it. 

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
Red generally isn't my color, but I like having a red pair of breeches around for Fourth of July and Christmas. I snagged these from consignment since it really didn't make sense to pay full price for pants I wear twice a year. 

Boots: Pioneer
Okay, well MAYBE navy and gold isn't really USA colors, but I think the way the gold is painted on these it kind of looks like fireworks. So I'm allowing it. Plus they match the helmet perfectly with the gold shield. I snagged these a year or two ago from the Dressage Boots Addicts Anonymous Facebook group for an absolute steal. They're a little too tall, so I stuck some heel lifts in there and that seems to be working well. They're not even broken in yet, so that kind of makes me not want to wear them a lot. But they were actually feeling pretty good by my last ride today. So maybe I'll use them more. I don't think Pioneer boots are the best quality, but they do have some fun designs. 

So that's what we wore today for America's birthday. We stayed on theme without getting too crazy this time. I'm not sure what we're going to wear next week... Any suggestions?


4 comments:

  1. lol yea shiny and I may or may not have had matching outfits ….

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacie, thank-you so much for including your belt in your style round-up! Looks super on you 😍

    ReplyDelete