Thursday, July 25, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 

Hey! Did you guys miss me yesterday?? Sorry about that... I completely just forgot to post. Wednesday evenings in the summer we have family dinner. It ran a little late and I just forgot all about it. But honestly, it wasn't a particularly exciting week, so we'll just catch up next Wednesday. But fear not! I do have an outfit to share today. Al is our model this week and here's what he had on:

Bridle: Pinnacle
Brow band: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks

If you're thinking, "Huh? That Pinnacle bridle looks different than Eros'," you would be correct! It's the same bridle, but a different color. Eros and Shiny have the chestnut color and Al here has havana. I just don't prefer the lighter color on him, so he got the dark one. 

Boots: Busse

Pardon his feet, we're just about at the end of our cycle. And when they're barefoot they can get a little ugly. Anyway, I really like these boots. They have fuzzy edges for comfort but are mesh otherwise so they don't get too hot. They were also super affordable. 

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Mattes
Saddle Pad: Wilkers

Sometime last year I tried to order some chocolate colored Ogilvy baby pads, but they had discontinued the brown. I was very sad. But then I discovered this new model pad from Wilkers. It's a half weight, so a little thicker than a baby pad, but not as thick as a regular pad. And it's shaped like an Ogilvy which is what I really appreciate. They're pretty affordable so I went ahead and ordered two of them. I really like them. Not only are they very nice, but they make them insanely fast. Totally custom, you pick all the colors you want, and mine shipped out within two days. For a custom pad! Color me impressed. I do kind of wish the brown and green shades were a little darker... but let's not split hairs.

That's what Al wore today, and here's what I had on:

I know. The shirt and the pad are like exactly the same shade. What are the odds??

Helmet: One K
You've seen this one before, but I'll mention it again. I snagged it on Horseloverz on sale super cheap, but it's a recent date. It was a great find! I like the brown. I'm still lusting after a brown Samshield, but this one is definitely filling the void.

Shirt: Fit Eq
I'm usually pretty cheap and stick to my Amazon brand shirts, but the FitEq ones are really nice. They shot their last ad campaign at the boarding barn and my friends are the models, so I felt like I should support the brand. So I bought one of these when they had a sale. But then sadly, FitEq ran into some trouble because I guess the name is too close to another brand, so they're closing up shop. At one point she had the tops marked down to $10 each, so I grabbed a couple of each color and sleeve length. They're back to $32 for long sleeve and $23 for short sleeve until they sell out which is still a decent price. If you're wanting one, now's the time before they're gone for good. 

Belt: Tory Burch

You've seen this one a bunch. I got it in Florida lots of years ago.

Breeches: RJ Classics Harper
Also not new. But I really like these!

Boots: Horka
I just wore these for Thursday's Threads a few weeks ago, so you've seen them recently too. They're just so comfy, I've been wearing them a lot! 

And that's it for this week. Nothing new or terribly exciting, but it's all stuff I really love. Have any favorites?

2 comments:

  1. ugh i finally bit the bullet and ordered new boots haha, after my crappy ovations succumbed to zipper death....

    ReplyDelete