Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Truthful Tuesday: Eros' confession

 

Hey guys, Eros here. Mom said I had to come on here to tell you about what I did. But really it's all HER fault for ABANDONING me for a whole week. A WHOLE WEEK! She just... didn't come here. Can you believe that? Just forgot all about us kids. What I should have done is call the authorities. But I didn't. Instead, I did the next best thing. I pulled my shoe off. And a little bit of my foot. Not enough to cause damage. Just enough to make sure mom noticed something was amiss when she picked my feet. It was especially funny because no one told her, but they did get my farrier out asap so it was back on when she got home. 

So picture this guys. Mom noticed something looked off when she picked my feet in my stall. Then she stared at my feet while we walked to the crossties. THEN she stared at them some more. Then barn owner lady was like "oh didn't anyone tell you he lost a shoe?" And I was laughing! Like, not on the outside where she could see, but inside, I was CRYING laughing. Mom was all, "Ohhhhh, that explains this odd looking foot." 

So yeah. That's what I did. I took my shoe off. I mean, I had to do something. No one had paid any attention to me at all for SEVEN DAYS! I mean, I was fed, watered, and turned out. And wrapped in the evening. But like. That was it. And I mean, I know I keep saying I'm retired. But even a retired horse wants to be groomed. And told how handsome I am. It was truly awful. Desperate times call for desperate measures, right? 

4 comments:

  1. oh Eros... keep your laces tied tighter, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quaid says that shoes come off too easy. It’s a design flaw if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eros says, "Uh... yeah, that's the issue! I didn't take it off. It FELL off. Clearly."

      Delete