Thursday, April 4, 2024

Thursday's Threads: Peeps Edition

 


I don't celebrate Easter, but I do think that holiday has the best candy. And while I don't think Peeps are anywhere near the best candy, I do think they're the CUTEST candy. So it was a no brainer to dress the horses up in a peeps outfit. Since it was a holiday, everyone participated so we have lots of photos this week. But I only managed one mounted photo, so here is a singular representation of what we wore this week:

I mean... pastel everything right?? 

I'm going first this week. Here's what I wore:

I always think these boots and breeches match better than they actually do. But really, does it even matter?

Helmet: One K
I almost forgot I had this helmet! One thing I miss about having the horses home is easy access to my ridiculous helmets and boots. 

Sweatshirt: Target
There is a surprising shortage of peeps clothes out in the wild. Well. There are some t-shirts. But it's rarely t-shirt weather around here for Easter. But I think this hoodie is pretty cute, and certainly did the job!

Belt: C4
I asked my mom for this for my birthday last year. Some of these silly outfits take awhile to put together!

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
I got these second hand last year or the year before maybe? I had hoped they were the same color as my boots, but they aren't quite. Close enough though. 

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
I couldn't resist the peeps socks. I might have also invested in the Good Egg socks too which have little eggs all over that look like Cadbury eggs. I told you, Easter has the best candy! (And socks, apparently.) 

Boots: Celeris UK
I think these have finally stopped bleeding color out onto my saddle! Yay! Maybe now I'll finish breaking them in. 

So that's what I had on for Easter, and here is what the horses wore:



Don't worry, you'll see better below.

Headbands: Peeps
Bridles: Joseph Sterling
Brow bands: Home Made by me! (Beads from Etsy)
Bonnets: Woof Wear, Embellished by me (Patches from Etsy)



I don't want to brag... But I think this set up is the cutest ever. Definitely a win. 

Shiny's Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Shiny's Pad: I can't remember the brand on this one... it's OLD! Embellished by me
Eros' and Al's saddles: Butet
Eros' and Al's Half Pad: Le Mieux
Eros' and Al's baby pad: Ogilvy, embellished by me



It was harder than I expected to find Peeps ribbon. But I found it! Thanks to Etsy.

Boots: Premier Equine, embellished by me


These interchangeable boots have really come in handy for ridiculous outfit days. I was unsuccessful sourcing Peeps fabric, but I DID find Peeps pet bandanas. They worked just fine for these straps!

So... what do you think?? Peak ridiculousness? How do you feel about Peeps? Gross, but adorable? Tasty AND adorable? Do you prefer the bunnies or the chicks? I prefer the chicks. I think the sugar to marshmallow ratio is spot on with the chicks. 


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing, lol. Not a Peeps fan, but this outfit could not have gotten any better. I love your dedication to themes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol shiny looks so enthused in that first pic haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She regularly questions how she wound up with such a childish amateur... lol!

      Delete
  3. I am in awe of your commitment to a theme. You all look spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thank you! We love a good theme over here!

      Delete