Thursday, January 4, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day!!! Um... I forgot horse photos today. I'm seriously the worst blogger sometimes. BUT, fear not, because Shiny's exact outfit that I would have shared today has been captured before separately. So I do have photos and can share her outfit. They're just not photos from today. But close enough. So we'll start with her.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow Band: Dark Jewel Designs

This photo makes me very nostalgic for summer and weather that's warmer than 35 degrees. (I was very cold today.) 

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Mattes
Since getting clipped, Shiny's coat has been getting ruffled at the front of the saddle pad, so I switched her over to these fluffy edged pads for winter. I'm so glad I got them when I did, they're so great for winter coat issues. In other news, while I was away, Shiny regrew her entire wooly coat, and you'd never she was ever clipped. Ponies. 

Boots: Eskadron
We've had these for several years now and they've held up great. Shiny's legs can be tough to fit, but Eskadron always seems to work for her. 

That's what Shiny was wearing today, and here's what I had on:

Yep. Back to navy, but you had to guess that based on Shiny's outfit. Also, still wearing the DeNiro's and the same ol' Samshield. So we're skipping them again. I may mix it up next week. I have some warm fuzzy foot apparel that you haven't seen yet and I need to get to breaking them in because it's ridiculously cold here now.

Sweater: Lanpuluy
Wool under shirt: MeriWool
I know you can't see the other shirt, but I included it in the header because wool layers are the best things ever, and you might want to know about an affordable brand. And yes, I have two wool layers on. Tis the season!

Belt: Rebecca Ray
Rebecca Ray doesn't sell these anymore and that's very sad. But Remarkable Leather goods makes one that's very similar. So silver lining!

Breeches: Horse Pilot
The Tack Hack is a frequent source of poor choices for me... And their black Friday sale was a real issue for my credit card balance... I told you all about the jacket I bought a few weeks ago (it came and fits perfectly, so #noregrets) but I'm not sure I admitted that I also snagged this pair of breeches. They were a ridiculously good deal (like under $100 good deal) and I've wanted to try this brand for awhile, but not at the normal price point. (Because I'm cheap.) Sadly, I love them. They fit so much better than Equiline's. And the fabric is lovely. 10 out of 10. Highly recommend. Sorry about your wallets.

That's it for this week! Kind of a boring one, but they can't all be crazy all of the time. I mean they could... But sometimes I'm boring. At least the breeches were something new to see!


4 comments:

  1. I have 3 pairs of horse pilot breeches and I love them. I got one from the Tack Hack, one from sporthorse saddlery and one from ride Equistyle over Black Friday. They are expensive, but so worth it. My most expensive pair was $202, so not horrible. I do have many hundreds of dollars in breeches now though and I don’t even have that many pairs.

    Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness... I best not ever add up what I have in the breeches closet... LOL!
      But I agree, the Horse Pilots are definitely worth the price tag!

      Delete
  2. it hasn't quite hit 'wool weather' around here yet... but maybe this weekend haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so up and down! Today was definitely wool weather, but tomorrow we're getting 50's. It's very tricky to layer appropriately on the regular!

      Delete