Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Truthful Tuesday

 

Many, many years ago, for my birthday one year, my mom gave me a necklace that was a sterling silver blue ribbon. I went to wear it to my friend's bridal shower this summer and couldn't find it. I turned my house upside down trying to find it. I think I even posted about it on Truthful Tuesday one week suggesting that I may have thrown it out by mistake. But it was really driving me crazy because deep down, I knew I hadn't done that. 

Well, I've been spending part of every Monday this winter organizing a different subset of my crap. This week was my jewelry. I don't really wear much anymore now that I spend most of my time riding horses. But you may recall from past Thursday's Threads that I do love a good arm party and therefore have a LOT of (mostly homemade) jewelry floating around here. Anyway, while I was going through stuff, I found a tiny box. It originally held one of the gorgeous pendants that you all got for me of Rio and Jampy's faces. But those currently reside in a jewelry box when I'm not wearing them. Anyway, I opened the box, expecting to find just the chains those pendants had come on. But when I looked inside I found this:


MY PENDANT!!! You have no idea how excited I was to see it. I knew I had taken the chain off this one to use with the horse heads, but I thought I had put this somewhere I hadn't. I did in fact put it in the little box with the other chains. Where I really went wrong was putting the little box in a random shoe box with a bunch of unrelated items. Past me made a poor choice. But all's well that ends well in this missing pendant saga! 

Any of you guys manage to do something like this before? Did you find your item? Where was it?


6 comments:

  1. That is exciting! What a great pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found your pendant!

    I worked at a jewelry store for several years and my bosses gave me a horseshoe pendant for Christmas one year. It disappeared around the time we moved a few years ago and I thought it was lost forever. I ended up finding it under the bathroom sink. Spoiler: my son took it. He also broke the chain, so it's not wearable because the chain is attached on either side of the pendant, the pendant doesn't slide onto the chain. It's also in a jumbled mess with 2 other necklaces/chains, but that's probably besides the point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! Glad you found it. That can be repaired. I have one like that, and I've broken it more times than I care to admit to... But it always comes back from the jeweler looking like new again!

      Delete
  3. i get super annoyed when i can't find things that i *know* i still have.... glad you found that pendant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I was really questioning myself on this one though. I was pretty convinced I had tossed it by mistake.

      Delete