Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Truthful Tuesday: A Tack-cident and other tack related woes

 

I've been SO GOOD about not buying crap lately. Like really. Very good. At least for me. But I've been waiting to get Shiny a holo bridle (I already have a horse sized one) and it finally came back into stock. So obviously, I also had to buy some other things to make the shipping from New Zealand worthwhile. Let's just say the equine will have some well decorated legs soon. In a few colors. Oops. I just can't help myself around Punk Ponies limited edition boots. 
Speaking of spending lots of money... When doc was out prior to Pammon injuring himself again, he was concerned about the Voltaire's fit. It doesn't seem to be working for Pammon. (It also doesn't work for Eros.) And we all know my beloved Hermes really no longer fits me. So clearly, I need to get moving on a new saddle. But then I realized, how does one try saddles when one doesn't have a horse that jumps? I wouldn't want to buy a saddle with jumping in a test model first since I do plan to someday jump again. Unfortunately, I didn't come to this realization until after briefly chatting with an Hermes saddle fitter. She agreed I should wait. And I guess it's fine since Pammon isn't getting ridden right now anyway. (Doc didn't make it out last week, so no updates yet, sorry guys!) I guess it's actually good news sort of? I don't have to buy a saddle yet? Lol. Ugh. Sheesh.
In any event, I'm going to sell the Voltaire and I also have an extra (also too small) Hermes saddle to sell. (I'm keeping my beloved one. I can't let him go.) Just debating where to send them as I don't want to deal with selling them on my own I don't think.
What have you all done to sell saddles?

16 comments:

  1. Shiny will look so pretty in all her new boots!

    I sold my Voltaire on ebay and my western saddle on Facebook. The reason I didn't consign the Voltaire is because it had a really funky panel configuration and was going to be a tough sell. Fortunately it didn't take me too long to sell it.

    Some resellers for high end saddles that I have heard good things about: Redwood Tack, Double Oak Tack, High End Used Saddles, Highline Tack and Old Dominion Saddlery. I haven't heard great things about Maryland Tack Exchange and iffy things about iselltack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that Pammon is still lame. How frustrating. But yay for Shiny's new wardrobe. :)

    I would try to sell the saddles myself first and then look at consignment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I probably should do that. Just not sure I want to deal with things like shipping and trials.

      Delete
  3. i am the absolute worst at selling saddles haha -- currently have THREE that need gone, whoops... so yea. no help there... exciting about the other new tack tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! It just seems like a lot of work and like.. talking to people. ugh.

      Delete
  4. I've never sold a saddle, and based on the the blogosphere's experience with buying saddles I realize I'm incredibly lucky because I honestly had no experience on how things were supposed to go, Carlos was lame when I was fitted for my Antares, the fitter measured him, measured me, put a demo saddle on him and I walked him around the ring, trotted him in a straight line and that was it. The saddle remains perfect ever since lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had similar experiences prior! My Hermes has worked on almost every horse I've had. I tried a demo saddle for a couple days, ordered the one I wanted and that was that!

      Delete
  5. I have only ever sold saddles on FB, but nothing nearly as nice as what you have!! Good luck selling them to find your unicorn saddle 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, the Hermes is super old. I just don't want to deal with shipping and trials!

      Delete
  6. Don't worry, I carried the weight for you this week. I just bought a new double bridle and Opie his first very own jump saddle so I could stop borrowing everyone else's. The saddle shopping ball is back in your court. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took one for the team! Thanks for that!
      But what did you get??

      Delete
  7. I sold my saddle on consignment because I don't have a Facebook account and I hate dealing with people. It sold reasonable quickly, but the store did take a huge chunk of money. It might be worth trying to sell them yourself first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's exactly it, I don't want to deal with people! But I also don't want to give up 20%. Choices...

      Delete
  8. Yeah new boots for Shiny! Looking forward to seeing her new outfits when that stuff arrives...

    No ideas on selling saddles, but hopefully you can move them quickly when you need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New boots for everyone! They'll all be stylin'!
      Saddles would probably move a lot faster if I did something about them... lol!

      Delete