Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Truthful Tuesday

Phew! Late to the Truthful Tuesday party, but I made it! For the first time EVER, my company closed on Christmas Eve, so I had an entire day off to do with as I pleased. It was lovely. But in the process of enjoying my free day, I managed to forget it was trash day. Oops. I honestly haven't known what day it is since sometime last week. There's just so much going on. And I feel a little off this holidays season. It's weird not having the horses home, and my traditions aren't happening with them. And Pammon is away completely being at the vet's. It's all just a little weird. Plus, I miss the old men. Horribly.
I had a dream the other night that I had the horses home with me still. But it was just Jamp and Shiny. Which was really weird for lots of reasons, but especially because they never did coexist at my farm. I woke up feeling sad at first, but then as I replayed the dream in my mind, I realized it felt really nice to see Jampy again. Even if just in a dream. I wish Rio had come too, but hey, you can't have everything. Maybe another night soon I'll get to see him again too. I think the real reason for the dream was that I've been so worried about Shiny. More tomorrow, but she is currently suffering with an abscess. It's in a back foot which is a little out of the norm, and her posture is the same as Jampy had just before he got so sick from his failing kidneys. While logical me knew Shiny was just dealing with an abscess, crazy me was convinced it was something worse. And subconscious me is apparently a real asshole making me dream about it. Sheesh.
But all that said, I'm really trying to see all the good around me this holiday season. So many wonderful people have supported me through this kind of awful year. And despite losing my old guys, I gained Pamony Pony and my Shiny girl. Plenty of good to be found for sure.
So today's confession is that though I'm struggling a little with my level of jolly, I'm digging deep to get in the spirit. But also, I'm forgetting to put the trash out. Hey, I am who I am...

9 comments:

  1. I find this time of year is when I miss my horse the most. I too have dreams of him and now I treasure them. Keep digging but be kind to yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that Shiny feels better soon and that you get some well deserved rest and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry Stacie. I have been having a horrible time with Rio's injury- I seriously cannot imagine what a wreck I'd be if I had the year you had. You are one strong lady! Hope things get better for you soon. Sending love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! I am so sorry about Rio too. I hope things work out and he can come back to work for you. You guys are the best team!
      Honestly, I feel like at this point I'm just kind of numb. Like something else happens, I'm just like, oh ok. Yeah. That's what we're doing now. Thank goodness for Eros!

      Delete
    2. Gah when I read about Pammon I cried a little for you, and now Shiny?! UGH UGH UGH. That's like... no one should get that much bad luck. Especially not someone as nice as you!! Thank you for the kind words, I hope so too, fingers crossed!

      Delete
  4. I also forgot trash day and have no idea what day it is this week, and I'm normally SO on top of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm still so confused. Fortunately, I'm on vacation with the family, so other people are in charge of the schedule. I just do what I'm told.

      Delete