Thursday, May 23, 2019

Thursday's Threads

Outfit Day! It's kind of a dreary day here. Supposed to be some weather this evening, so I'm thinking I may go ride Eros and give the kids at home a night in. Nice thing about having an indoor where Eros is! We'll see how the day goes. Anyway, though it's dreary, it's not freezing, which is nice. Should be in the 60's. Not warm, but not too cold. So long sleeves it is! Also, I was running super late this morning and totally forgot to grab outfit photos. So these are... interesting.
Me in my work environment. #deskjob
Long sleeves, but no socks. Cause it's springtime now.

Top: Ralph Lauren
I bought a few of these button down shirts last year at the outlet. They were super on sale, and I just love them! They're knit, so they don't wrinkle that easily, and they have plenty of give to them. Big fan of the lilac color too.

Belt: Mane Jane
I don't have a lilac belt strap. I should probably work on that situation. So I went with this cream colored one since that's basically a neutral. And added the rose gold buckle because pink and purple work.

Jeans: Lucky Brand
Stretchy, light colored denim. Perfect.

Shoes: Sperry
These are a little darker than the top. I do think I have a pair that matches better, but as I said earlier, I was running super late. And these were accessible. Good enough!

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty kept it pretty simple with this Hermes bracelet and the apple watch. These little clasps came with two straps each, and I didn't think I'd wear this white one. But here it is!

Righty:
I had to have some sparkle somewhere, obviously. Righty is donning the fitbit in front. The middle is a wrap bracelet and the last is a cuff. I made those two awhile back. Love me some glitter!

I also have a riding outfit to share! AND it's from riding at my HOUSE! So excited to get back to my old normal.

Do you see Rio back there?
I wore this Tuesday. It was a beautiful evening, but breezy. And that breeze was CHILLY. So more long sleeves. And also... yes, blue again!

Helmet: Charles Owen Elumenayr
I was never that happy with the fit of my navy Charles Owen Jr8. Just after the holidays Carousel Tack had these eLumenAyr helmets super on sale, so I decided to replace the old sparkly blue helmet. I really like this one! You can't see it in the photo, but it has an interesting clasp on the harness. Seems very secure.

Top: Ariat

I was really into the Ariat tops with bits on them. I think I own all the different ones they made last year. This one is great because I can wear it to work too. Also it has elbow patches which is super cute.

Belt: Mane Jane
I went with the navy belt strap to match the bits on the top. And that's the gunmetal buckle, which matches the breeches pretty nicely.

Breeches: Equine Couture

I have mixed feelings about these pants. I love the bit and ribbon detail there on the bum. And they are super soft, like a knit material. But they run pretty small, and I feel like a stuffed sausage in them. I probably should have sized up. They stay put though, so that's nice!

Boots: DeNiro
So real talk  here. I dug out a new pair of Regals to use until I can get the zipper fixed on the broken pair, and they gave me a blister! Can you believe it? Regals?! So rude. So I needed to go with the most comfy boots in the closet while that heals itself up. Which is definitely these.But they're also so cute, so I'm sure you all don't mind seeing them frequently.

So that's it for today! Any favorites? What are you wearing?

9 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of the CO helmet. Those are so pretty!

    I am really tempted to get a Mane Jane belt, but I need to actually ride before I buy a bunch more stuff.

    I need to send you a picture of my latest Ariat sunshirt purchase....I’m betting you’ll really like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The CO was a steal! And it fits a lot better than the JR8.
      Get the belt. You won't regret it.
      And I love the shirt as we've already discussed! Lol!

      Delete
  2. Those Mane Jane belts are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've almost all but given up on trying to find button up shirts that are flattering and don't pull and gap at the buttons.... but both of these above are really cute!!! hm.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no boobs, so that helps with the gapping. But I think the biggest trick is to find shirts that have some stretch to them. So the back will stretch rather than the button holes.

      Delete
  4. I love the classic RL button up - you look great in yours! I had a few years ago, but with my *ahem* build, cute button ups are a no-go at the moment.

    And lilac is a great colour for this time of year, esp.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try and find these knit ones, they are a lot more forgiving than the old cotton ones.

      Delete