Thursday, May 16, 2019

Thursdays Threads: The Blue Edition

Outfit Day! I unintentionally have two very blue outfits to share... So without further ado, here's the blue edition of Thursday's Threads! We'll start with my riding outfit from Sunday.
 
It was cold AGAIN. So it was back to giant hoodies for me. Come on Spring, do your job!

Helmet: One K
Recycled photo... sorry.

Shirt: Ariat
I love blue bandana print! I've worn it before in the form of a denim shirt, but when I saw this Ariat hoody I added to cart pretty fast.

Belt: Mane Jane
I went with the light gray Mane Jane strap and the gunmetal buckle.

Breeches: Ovation
These are super non-fancy. Nothing special about them. But they're like your favorite old pair of jeans. Always there for you. Always comfy.

Socks: Mare Goods/ Dreamers and Schemers
I love small businesses, especially equestrian minded ones. So these are win-win since they come from a collaboration between two horsey small businesses! And they're adorable.

Shoes: Ariat
Maybe I bought the shoes with the sweatshirt. Shut up.

Boots: DeNiro
Another recycled photo... sorry. I was at first wanting to wear my Celeris this week for Thursday's threads, but Eros needed a little attitude adjustment as mentioned yesterday, and those boots are not broken in enough for such things. So I went with the most comfy option instead.

That's what I rode in, but I have a work outfit too. Here it is:

See? More blue. So much blue.

Top: Cynthia Rowley
I found this light blue linen top hidden on the clearance rack at Marshalls for stupid cheap. Like $12 maybe? It's really nice. Classy enough for work, but super comfy. I love the summery feel to it.

Belt: Mane Jane
Same gunmetal buckle that I rode with, but I switched to the navy belt strap today.

Jeans: Lucky Brand
I really like Lucky Jeans. They're super comfy and the length is great for me.

Shoes: Ariat
My Ariat Cruiser collection is starting to rival my Sperry collection... I actually got these for "barn shoes" since they are exactly Eros' barn's colors. But I've been wearing them everywhere because they're super comfortable.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is wearing the wrap bracelet from a stack I made awhile back. (You'll see the rest of the stack on righty below.) The denim colors work really well with the top and jeans!

Righty:
There's the rest of the stack! I haven't worn one of these horse bracelets in awhile. I do love them, will have to worm them into the rotation more often.

And that's it for today! Any favorites? What are you wearing?

10 comments:

  1. I still think you should just become a personal shopper. You make me feel so boring, lol. I love those DeNiro boots. Do the cruisers fit similarly to Sperry's? I love Sperry's because the ones that come further up my foot work for my narrow feet. Just picked up a navy pair on amazon for $25 a couple weeks ago! I'm always eyeing the cruisers though, so many cute ones.

    I'm at work (eating lunch now) so just wearing my usual boring clothing. I did buy two pairs of pants recently though - one pair that's a deep red flare and a pair of jeans with horse shoes on the butt pockets. Excited to wear them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personal shopping would be super fun! I wish it was a lucrative career!
      I think the cruisers are pretty similar. They may be a little wider, but you can tighten the laces (they're actually functional) so they should work for you.
      The horse shoe jeans sound adorable!

      Delete
  2. I've found that a lot of my schooling breeches are blue and then so are my icefil shirts and I do my best to mix and match my blues but somedays I'm just 100% the same shade of navy lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same issue with my green breeches! All my shirts were also green, and none of them were the same greens. The answer was clearly more breeches... and more shirts!

      Delete
  3. I have two pairs of cruisers and love them. I too am on the blue train lately. I bought a pair of dusty blu Romfh Gabriella breeches, peacock ovation tights (kinda more teal but still the blue family), a Navy ariat sunshirt and now a light blue ariat sunshirt. Hoping to ride soon and wear one of my outfits!

    Yesterday I wore pajamas all day. I don’t know what I’ll do when I have to go back to work in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue must be the color this year. It's everywhere! I hope you get to wear all the new stuff soon!

      Delete
  4. Nice! Can't go wrong with blues. :-) I have a pair of ariat cruisers (boring plain brown lol) that I love. Those navy bandana ones are really cute! Must. not. shop. online. in. USD. Must...argh...not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like blue is practically a neutral. At least for horse clothes.

      Delete