Thursday, June 28, 2018

Thursday's Threads

It's a stormy day here in CT, but to be honest, we REALLY need the rain. So I'm not going to whine about it. I'll just leave this image of today's forecast to do the explaining for me:
I'm thinking the ponies will skip their walks tonight... Anyway, since it's not super warm, and VERY rainy, It's another long sleeve outfit day.
I'm throwing it back to the late 90's with my tucked in shirt... It didn't lay right out.

Top: Ariat
I grabbed this one during an online sale for maybe $15? I'm always a fan of a pony themed button down! I really like the colors on this one.

Belt: Rebecca Ray

I love this belt, but I don't wear it as much as I probably should. It adjusts on both sides of the bit, and has fancy stitching in the back.

Jeans: Kate Spade
What are the odds that I would have jeans the exact same shade as the teal bits on this shirt? Ok, yeah, the odds are pretty good if you're me. But still, I was excited they matched! I stumbled across these jeans a few years ago on the clearance rack at Marshalls. I didn't know Kate Spade even made jeans back then.

Shoes: Sperry
These photograph almost black, but they're really navy. Found these on ebay when I was looking for, well, not these. But they were super cheap so I grabbed them.

Arm Party!
Lefty:
In keeping with the bit theme today, I wore this brass curb chain bracelet from Swanky Saddle. Looks cute with the apple watch!

Righty:
Righty has on this rein bracelet (also from Swanky Saddle), a bit cuff from Sloane Ranger, and another bit that I think is from Fornash.

That's what I wore to work today, but I figured I could also show you what I wore to show last weekend. I didn't think to snap pics while I was actually wearing everything, but enjoy these photos of my dirty laundry instead....

That's me standing with the white ribbon in my show clothes
Helmet: Samshield
This is the new one that I got when my local tack store closed up in May. First time out!

Jacket: RJ Classics
I grabbed this one when the OTHER local tack shop was closing a couple years ago. (They've since reopened.) I'm glad I had it because my other jackets were a wee bit too snug... First time out for this item too!

Show Shirt: Essex Classics
Tack of Day had my favorite Essex Classics shirts on sale a few years back and I bought like 4 of them I think. This was one of them. I LOVE the print in the collar. It's tough to see, but it's horses wearing pretty colored blankets. I also had never worn this piece. Practically a whole new outfit!

Belt: brand unknown
The belt I normally show in is still in Florida since I never went back down to get my stuff this year. So I wore this belt instead. It's black patent with a gold bit buckle. I actually really liked it, and think it may be my new show belt if ever I get to show again.

Breeches: Tailored Sportman Trophy Hunter, side zip
I was shocked these still fit me. Thank goodness they're so stretchy I suppose... Anyway, these are your basic breeches that many people like to show in. I really prefer side zip breeches for showing, because they allow your jacket to lay nice and flat. Not everyone likes them, but I sure do. Maybe it's my age? EVERYONE wore side zip to show when I was a junior. Well, the females anyway.

Boots: Parlanti
We all know I have TONS of boots to choose from. But I'm super traditional in the ring. Especially for equitation classes. So these will likely be the only boots you see me show in. Unless maybe next time I do the Alumni I bust out the green ones since that is Skidmore's color. Probably not though.

And that's it for today! Are you a traditionalist in the show ring, or do you like to mix it up a little? Any favorites from today? Thoughts on Ariat apparel (I love it!)?

11 comments:

  1. I did a whole comment and the blog ate it. LOL I told you to wear the green boats. :) I love side zip breeches and forgot about them till you posted this. I forgot all about them:) And look how fancy you can get :) HA. I am a traditionalist as hopefully everything is clean and fits :) HA HA HA I like Ariat apparal fine. I LIKE it even better on sale :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! I hate when the blog gets to eating stuff. Google's been a bit wonky lately.
      Agreed, sale ariat is the best ariat!

      Delete
  2. BRB, planning to steal your entire outfit from today, k? 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit - I really like the ariat button down shirts - at the moment I do not have the build to wear one! (ahem - diet time! lol) Love the sperrys too!

    I ride western, so if I show, I could wear all kinds of sparkles and crazy colours. I usually end up in black. People have started calling me Johnny Cash. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I hear ya with the build part... that's why I had to tuck it in!
      That's so funny! I'm afraid I'd be ridiculous if I showed western. There would be so much sparkle, you wouldn't see the horse!

      Delete
  4. Bits galore! Is it normally that stormy in CT in summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually we get pop up storms when it's really hot, but they're usually blow through really quickly. This all day nonsense doesn't usually happen until early fall.

      Delete