Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Truthful Tuesday

I'm the slackiest of slackers you guys. That's today's confession. It's been many, MANY years since I've been in school. But way back when I was a student, I was very good about turning my assignments in on time. I might stay up all night getting them done. But get them done I did. Fast forward to now, when I'm an old woman in a book club. I seem to have lost my ability to pull the all nighter. We have our meeting tonight to discuss the book we were supposed to read for October: A Man Called Ove
I was actually excited to read the book. It's about a grumpy old man (who isn't actually very old). Unfortunately, I procrastinated so long, I didn't manage to get it read. Not only that, I'm not even close to halfway through. It's a good thing book club doesn't go on my permanent record. While I realize it's going to be spoiled for me this evening when we start discussing it, I still plan to finish it. It's pretty entertaining so far, and I imagine it will only get better. Next month, I'm definitely going to make a little more effort to finish my homework!

Have you ever failed to complete an assignment? Or shown up to book club without having read the book?

7 comments:

  1. I'm just impressed that you have time to be part of a book club! 😂 I just read the book synopsis, it looks pretty interesting! I might have to pick up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be too impressed, I've only made it to two meetings so far!

      Delete
  2. I'm a HUGE procrastinator. Always was and still am, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! I like to think I just work best under pressure....

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good book! I debated starting a book club with my friends but eventually decided not to. I can't read anything that doesn't "grab" me right off the bat, and some of them like very drrrrry authors. You'll get the next book done on time I bet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started a bit slow, but I'm getting into it! I always have this need to finish books, even if they're terrible.

      Delete
  4. I have shown up to my book club without having read the book a few times, but most of the time I do finish it. I sometimes have to stay up late the night before or finish the book at work, because I am a huge procrastinator, but I usually get it done.

    ReplyDelete