So for once, my week actually went almost to plan! I mean, right up until the squirrel incident anyway.
![]() |
| Little reminder of the squirrel incident I shared yesterday... |
The horses all got exactly the rides I had planned until Friday. I was pretty sore after my unexpected dismount. I still rode Shiny and popped her over a few jumps, but I opted out of riding Al just in case. I've learned that with him, if I'm not at least 85% of normal, I shouldn't get on him. Instead he had a nice lunge. And I don't think he minded that. Here are a couple of screen shots from my short jump schools with Eros and Shiny though:
Saturday and Sunday they were supposed to be working on my fence again, so I had planned for easy riding days anyway. My sore tailbone was grateful for that! Of course, nothing truly goes to plan. The guy doing the work wasn't feeling well so he only wound up working for an hour before calling it a day. Which is totally understandable, but I wish he hadn't come at all because it disrupted Shiny's turnout and feeding schedule for not much reward. (I think they only got two posts done that day.) Fortunately, Shiny doesn't really care that much. On the plus side, it was quiet for riding time! I wound up only riding Eros though. I figured he'd be a good test for what my body was up for since he's big like Al, but mostly trustworthy (save for any weird squirrel encounters). It REALLY hurt to get on. Trotting wasn't too bad, but canter was pretty miserable. So I figured I'd call it a riding day with just the one. I took the other two out for grass though. Suited them just fine.
Sunday they were back to work on the fence so things went more to my original plan. My body was improving but still pretty sore. After chores, I opted to test ride with Shiny first this time. It was okay. And they were wrapping up with the yard as I finished with her, so I decided to give Al a ride too. I kept him to half the ring out of caution (I wasn't really interested in any spinning spooks this weekend) and he was good. And I opted to be done after him. Eros got to hand graze still, which is all he really wants anyway.
We all enjoyed a day off Monday and then Tuesday we were back to normal. My body is mostly recovered, just a little soreness in the tailbone area still but much improved! They all had nice rides Tuesday, Al even used the full ring like a normal horse with almost no dragon breathing! It helps so much when Bang and Clang stays in his garage.
And that's really all that's happening around here. How are you guys?? I'm a little behind in reading your blogs, but I'm getting caught up slowly but surely!


No comments:
Post a Comment