Outfit Day! I chose this week's theme based on the weather. We're stuck in an unsettled weather pattern here in the northeast, and the sun hasn't been seen since Monday. Thus far, we've been lucky here and the severe weather has fizzled out before reaching our area. So it's just been a little dreary and drizzly. So how does one match an outfit to dreary weather you ask? Eeyore! Everyone's favorite sad donkey of course! Eros, who kind of resembled Eeyore when we first met him, was the obvious choice to model today. Here's what he had on:Don't worry, you'll see better when we look at our tack more closely. And try to disregard that sad top line. We've been so inconsistent this year. It will come back!
Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Browband: Homemade by me
I probably should have posted one of the many versions of this where he looked sad and dejected. But this one is too cute not to share. Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Mattes
Baby Pad: Ogilvy, embellished by me
Baby Pad: Ogilvy, embellished by me
How adorable is that Eeyore trim? Eeyore is my favorite cartoon.
Wraps: Centaur, embellished by me
Okay, my turn! Here's what I had on:
I was planning to wear navy boots, but then they really weren't working with the shade of blue on the breeches. So went with gray instead. Helmet: Samshield
I recently learned that the five years maximum for a helmet actually starts at first wear rather than manufacture date, so I'm feeling even better about the great deal I got on this pretty helmet!Tee shirt: Amazon
Awww, poor sad Eeyore. At least he's TRYING to look on the bright side.Belt: Homemade by me
Still loving my interchangeable belt over here. I have some ideas for version 2.0, but haven't gotten around to attempting them yet. Breeches: Horse Pilot
I snagged these on sale some place a few years ago, and I really like them. I don't see them marked down very often though. Boots: Celeris UK
These weren't really the perfect match for today's outfit but they served the purpose well enough. They match public domain Eeyore (the OG) better than the Disney version. I guess I should have looked for OG Eeyore ribbons and shirts instead. Maybe another time!That's it for this week! Any favorite items from today? Are you an Eeyore fan?

No comments:
Post a Comment