Thursday, February 1, 2024

Thursday's Threads

 


Outfit Day! Neutrals this week. And a new saddle pad! So we'll start with Al's outfit so you can see his pad.

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow Band: Dark Jewel Designs

Hahahaha! I took a few photos of this bridle on Al for today, but I HAD to choose this one. The side eye and the stretchy lip are just who he is as a horse. Also, please note that Al is not wearing draw reins. We are weaning off of them. Slowly. Just like the rest of our current program. 

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Mattes
Saddle Pad: Wilkers

There's my new pad! I had ordered this color way from Ogilvy, but they unfortunately discontinued brown for a main color. So then I was sad and needed to figure out how to get something similar. I don't love the Wilkers baby pads because they tend to bunch and shift under the saddle. But they recently came out with a mid weight saddle pad that's just barely thicker than the Ogilvy baby pad and is nearly the identical shape. So I figured I'd give it a try. And I think I really like it! I can't say for sure just yet as Al is starting to get that winter rub under the saddle that he gets every year. It started before I switched to this pad, so it's not FROM this pad, but it's not helping. I think the only real help is to switch to one of Shiny's sheepskin lined pads until spring, so you'll probably see that next week. Anyway, I'll know better how much I like this pad once it's not everyone is getting rubbed by everything season. But for now, I still do think I like it. It doesn't shift, and fits the saddle very nicely. It's a little stiff, but I think it will soften up after a few washes. This is fresh out of the box. These pads run around $55, fully customized and Wilkers usually has a 10% off code to use making it less. Turn around time was ridiculously fast. I think I got it four days after I ordered. Even though I don't love the baby pads, I've always loved Wilkers as a company. I have their hunter pads for showing and their pillow wraps for shipping. Big fan! And excited about this new item too. 

Boots: Eskadron

I know. Repeats. But we wear boots for a while before washing this time of year. And I love these. So yeah. Here they are again.

That's what Al had on, and here's what I wore:

I wore the same green half chaps and paddocks as the last few times, and of course my Samshield. So no photos of them today.

Sweater: Theme
I can't remember if I've worn this for Thursday's Threads yet? I've worn it a bunch so maybe. But I love it! I never outgrew the horse sweater phase from my youth. See a pony sweater, BUY a pony sweater! Especially if it's on sale. I got this one from Chagrin Saddlery during one of their sales.

Belt: Lilo
You know how sometimes you have to spend a certain amount of money to get free shipping? Well yeah. So I got this belt with the sweater above because I'd rather spend more money on something than on shipping. I've already worn it MANY times so it was worth it!

Breeches: Equiline
These are super cute. I got them over the summer because I was obsessing about finding brown and rose gold breeches. I was thisclose to getting a very expensive pair from Samshield when I found these at Riders House for a MUCH smarter price. I did not take the best photo to show off all the details, but the pockets are lined with rose gold and there are rose gold zippers on the back pockets too. 

So that's what Al and I wore this week. Any favorites? Have you tried the new Wilkers pads?

2 comments:

  1. I still buy pony sweaters whenever I can!
    Betsy in WI

    ReplyDelete