Wednesday, September 8, 2021

What's Up Wednesday

 

I spent most of last week attempting to recover from my braiding marathon weekend the week prior. Guys, I'm still tired! I don't know how people work the night shift regularly. My first few rides of the week were pretty light since I was dealing with a very sore knee from tumble off the ladder. So annoying. 

I did have my Bellino lesson on Thursday though! He was a little strong, and while it wasn't the smoothest lesson I've had on him, it was a good one. I felt like I actually was riding him instead of just being a passenger and hoping things worked out. He's a little tough to try and ride because he likes to make his own decisions. So it's a bit of a balancing act. He's the most mare-ish gelding I've ridden! 

I got to have a second lesson with on Sunday which was great. He had a free lunge in the morning so was much more rideable. We even did some hard things and they worked out pretty well. A little clip here:


My horses at home only jumped once this past week. But they were both fantastic! Shiny has developed this swap off though... She only does it coming out of the diagonal line so I think she's just anticipating landing the correct lead. But it's something to work on. Otherwise though, she was great and was MUCH straighter after the jumps. I think a few light weeks were good for her. 


Eros was absolutely perfect. I spoke to my vet the other day and he said Eros can absolutely start jumping a little bigger, I just have to be really careful about footing when we do it. So that's pretty exciting! Hopefully the weather keeps my ring nice this week and we can jump a few 2'9" jumps. 

I have clips of both below too:


In other news, my basement flooded (as it typically does) from the remnants of Ida the other day:
AND I have to replace my well pump (and possibly the sump pump based on the above photo) soon. Ah the joys of home ownership... Sheesh. Always something to deal with! 

That's about it from here though. To summarize, the horses were great despite some easy days and the house is expensive. How was your week? Do anything fun and exciting? Have some lessons? Go to a show?


4 comments:

  1. ugh that flooded basement pic :( good luck with all that.... very exciting that Eros got the green light to bump up the height a little bit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was drying out nicely until we got dumped on again last night... Sheesh!

      Delete