Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Truthful Tuesday: The One with the Breeches

 

So I've been plugging away reclaiming my laundry room from the piles of everything that had taken it over. It's going to be a bit ongoing I think until I have the time to go through literally all of my clothing, but I'm making good progress. This room has goldenrod Formica countertops and shelves, and they are... straight up 70's chic. Since it's just a laundry room though, I don't want to spend money renovating in there. So I'm embracing the goldenrod. In fact, I found some storage cabinets (lockers actually) that match almost exactly. 

Impressive, huh? Who knew they still produced anything in that color. Once this project is finally complete I'll share the whole room with you guys. But for now, let's talk about today's confession... It's breeches. You guys. I have so many. I even filled a bag with ones to sell/donate. But still. SO MANY BREECHES. Here. I'll show you:
And full disclosure... there are probably 3-4 pair not shown between the dirty laundry and the pair I have on. How many are there? I'm not sure. I didn't count. I didn't want to know. Clearly, there's a lot. I have them sorted in a fairly sensical manner though:
Top Row:
show breeches on the left, next are mid weight random brands, then all the ones that are kind of outfit specific (neons, prints, etc), then on the right are the summer weight breeches.
Middle Row:
Tailored sportsman and RJ Classics in the first pile, second is Romfh, Ariat, and Horze, third is mostly Hadley and Pipers, but a few Dover, and the last pile is all Dover.
Bottom Row: Winter weight and Corduroy

And yes, I have a stool handy for easy access to all breeches. Anyway, if you guys hear me mention anything about new breeches, can you please text this photo to me. There isn't room for any more. NO MORE BREECHES. I mean... unless it's a color I don't have. OR if I replace a pair with a new one. That would be allowed... 

15 comments:

  1. "Just a laundry room" hahahahaha. You've seen my laundry room chandelier! But of course, I would say "just boots" and "just breeches" (and I own single digit pairs of both, lol) so to each their own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your laundry room is EPIC! I LOVE it! I'm saving my pennies for a bathroom reno. THAT's gonna be fun. Some day. When Covid is over.

      Delete
    2. Jen's laundry room is incredible. I feel like one needs formal attire to make an appearance.

      Delete
  2. I'm just going to bookmark specific posts on your blog so when my husband tells me I have too many of something I can tell him "that's okay Stacie has more" hahahahaha. Boots, obvs. Now breeches. I want a shot of all your bridles too, because based on your outfit posts I'm guessing you might rival me there as well, particularly since you need things both Shiny-sized and Pammon/Eros-sized! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may have more bridles... You DEFINITELY have more saddles! I appreciate that. I can't be the only hoarder around here!

      Delete
    2. Frankly, I use both of you as examples to my husband that I am, in fact, quite conservative.......(I also may or may not have just opened a package of new breeches and polo shirt)

      Delete
    3. Hahaha! Happy to be of service!
      Sooo.... what color is the new outfit?!

      Delete
  3. lol a quick visual estimate is minimum 50 but probably upwards of 60+ pairs of breeches. you're welcome ;)

    lol for real tho, i have dedicated furniture for breeches too and it's honestly so necessary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhh... I can't hear you...

      Lol, yeah. Breeches need their own space for SURE!

      Delete
  4. I think you should run a contest along the lines of 'how many jellybeans are in this jar' but for breeches. We could win a prize..... :)
    Am I helping? I feel like I'm helping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! The prize could be... a pair of breeches! But winner would have to be my size.

      Delete
  5. I feel like that yellow colour might be cool again? Vintage? retro?

    I feel like you *need* all those breeches for your outfits. It is who you are! You also ride a lot, so makes sense to have lots of choices/options etc. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I appreciate your support in my hoarding tendencies! Lol!

      Delete
  6. LOL I thought I had a breeches addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't realize it was this bad. The things you learn cleaning out spaces.

      Delete