Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Truthful Tuesday

So about three weeks ago I got a shiny new iPhone SE. I really like it, you should see how crisp the screen is! It's fast and takes pretty great photos (for a phone). But alas. I really cannot have nice things.
I was doing the barn chores this weekend and carelessly had my phone in my sweatshirt pocket. It wasn't a big kangaroo pocket, but just a shallow side pocket. This is not a safe storage place for a shiny new iPhone SE! I bent over to pick Jamp's front foot which went just fine. As I went to get his back foot, I heard something fall out of my pocket. Yep, phone. At the same time, Jamp walked away from me. He proceeded to STAND on my phone. I stared in horror at the pug case peeking out from under his foot.
Once I got him off the phone, I tenderly picked it up to inspect the damage. The phone had landed face down (we were in his stall) so the back took the brunt of the force from his hoof. My stalls have foam mats with a thick rubber cover for a floor, and then shavings on top of that. So they have a lot of give. Thankfully. I had a rubber pug case on the phone so his shoes didn't scratch it up. Amazingly, there is no damage to the screen. (Thank you squishy floor!) But the phone actually bent. It's working fine thus far, but it is a little trippy to look at with it's new obtuse angle. And that my friends, is why I can't have nice things.

6 comments:

  1. Omg I can't believe your phone survived your horse stepping on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it either! I don't think it can ever go out in the rain now... but hey, what can you do?

      Delete
  2. ooppssies! hopefully not so much damage..

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! Fingers crossed it continues working.

    ReplyDelete