Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday's Threads

It's time for another installment of Thursday's Threads!
Admittedly, I stayed up way too late last night after spending an evening at the theater. (If Warhorse comes to your nearest city, GO SEE IT!) So I really didn't put much time and effort into my appearance this morning. But really I think that may make Thursday's Threads that much more entertaining... I mean anyone can post photos of themself looking awesome. Few can pull off a haggard/tired I'm-practically-wearing-a-bathrobe photos...


While sitting and waiting for the show to start last night, Katie showed me a cute photo of a wrap sweater she liked. And my reply was, "Oh! I have two wrap sweaters that I shoved in the closet and forgot all about!" So in my half asleep stupor I pulled one out of said closet this morning. I love the pattern on this one, it reminds me of a sweater I REALLY wanted in high school but never purchased. That one was a shorter zip up model, but the colors are almost the same. Here's a close up:


The sweater is by a brand called Alice and I purchased it at Modcloth about a month ago when I had a 20% of code. It's acrylic which is nice because it will wash AND dry! WIN! Anyway, I wasn't so sure about the look when I checked it out in the mirror initially. I felt a little like I was wearing a bathrobe. But it's really warm and it's really cold here, so I was sold!
Traveling south, my jeans are a pair I've had for probably a year or so. They're from Rue21 and have really cute rhinestone details around the waist and pockets.  But you can't see that under my robe... Sorry I didn't get a close up of those!
Due to the aforementioned cold, I wanted to wear boots. But I wasn't sure which boots to wear. I was thinking a tall boot may give the illusion that I have no legs since the sweater is long. And none of my tall boots seemed like the right match with this sweater anyway. Finally I decided on the Coach boots my mom gave me for Chanukah.





They're similar to Ugg boots. Lined with sheepskin and all that. Very warm, and I think they're pretty cute! They're just the right height to not hide my stubby legs. Plus I'm really warm.
So my final thoughts on the outfit....  I'm basically wearing a robe and slippers to work. But I'm cozy and warm and I love it! I think it's only a small step above actual pajamas, but probably 8 times as stylish. I'd say it's a win!








1 comment: