Thursday, November 2, 2023

Thursday's Threads: Halloween Edition

 

OUTFIT DAY! It's technically the last one at home, but I shot a few extra outfits to share in the coming weeks before I bore with you a lot of navy. Today though, we're sharing our Halloween outfits. I've done candy corn year after year for awhile because I have all the stuff and it should get used once a year. But I needed a break from it this year. Despite making a candy corn jump... maybe that was bad planning on my part. Anyway... Since it's a holiday edition, I'm sharing everyone's outfit since they were all a little different. I'll start with my outfit though, and get that out of the way first.

Here's what I had on:

Spiderwebs! And spiders... can't really have one without the other. This all happened because awhile back I was placing an order overseas and wanted to get the most bang for my shipping cost. And I found this crop:
Which led to lots of arts and crafts so we would have a nice outfit to match it. (Yes, I know, I'm not normal. But I am fun!) Anyway... I crafted most of the horses' outfits, but Shiny's happened to go on sale a few days before Halloween and I couldn't resist. So her's was mostly purchased. 

Helmet: Samshield
I know I've been wearing this a lot. But it really worked with the outfit!

Sweater:Unbranded
This wasn't the first sweater I chose, but the other one got lost in transit and then was out of stock. I like this one though, so all's well that ends well. 

Belt: Designer inspired

I was certain I had a C4 spiderweb belt, but evidently I was incorrect. So I wore this designer inspired one instead.

Breeches: Tailored Sportsman
The only appropriate pants for this outfit is black pants. Obviously.

Boots: DeNiro
These boots are breaking in nicely, and might actually be the only pair I own that's actually the correct height. I always get a giggle when I can wear things marked tall as at 5'2" I am definitely not that.

That's what I had on, so let's see what the horses were wearing. We'll go in alphabetical order and start with Al.
He can be a handful, but he is nice to look at!

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow band: Home made
Bonnet: Woof Wear, embellished by me

They all had identical brow bands, and I have a close up of Shiny's so you'll see it better in a little bit. I've been having fun making silly brow bands with giant wooden children's beads and nylon webbing. The options are endless!

Boots: Premier Equine, embellished by me
I had the hardest time getting fabric for the boots (and bonnets). It took me three separate orders to finally have this one show up. But turns out, it was the best one since it's pretty much the same as my sweater.

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Ogilvy, embellished by me
Half Pad: Ippico
I am sorry I didn't snap a close photo of the trim, but it's really cute little spiders with great big eyes. They look very friendly and not at all spooky.

Next up is Eros! Here's what he wore:

I somehow did not notice he was standing with fence rail shadows all over him... but hey, that works with Halloween right? Shadows are scary!

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow band: Home made
Bonnet: Woof Wear, embellished by me

He's actually wearing the same bonnet as Al. But I do have a third one, I just forgot to bring it out with me that day. So they had to share. It happens!

Boots: Premier Equine, embellished by me

I did remember boots for everyone though! Seriously, how cute are these?

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Ogilvy, embellished by me
Half Pad: Ippico
Eros' pad has spiderweb trim. SPOOKY!

Next up is Shiny! 
Her outfit is ridiculous in all the best ways. I mean look at it. LOOK AT IT! The spider! I was mildly disappointed when it arrived and it was white if we're being honest. It looked gray on the website. But then I put it on her, and it's perfect. 

Bridle: Joseph Sterling
Brow band: Home made
Bonnet: Tack of the Town

See the brow band?? Isn't it silly?! I love they came out. And that bonnet is hilarious. I wasn't sure it would fit her since it's a horse size, but I think it would be too small on my full size horses. Maybe it's mis-sized. Or maybe her head is huge... (It kind of is. She gets her head from the quarter horse side.) Anyway, it came with the pad, and they were both only offered in one size. 

Boots: Premier Equine, embellished by me

I love my interchangeable boots. They're so fun and easy to change around. 

Saddle: Custom Saddlery
Saddle Pad: Tack of the Town
Seriously. It's the silliest thing ever. But I love it. I loved it as soon as I saw it on Instagram, but I resisted temptation because I'm trying not to buy so much stuff. But then it went on sale and well... I'm not good at resisting a good sale. So here it is, and I'm zero percent sorry. 

And that's finally it for Halloween Outfit Day! Did you miss the candy corn, or did you also enjoy a little change of pace for once?

2 comments: