Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Truthful Tuesday

 

It's no secret that cleaning the house is one of my least favorite ways to spend my time. But you guys. I'm so shit at it, I nearly asphyxiated myself on Sunday. Seriously. You see, there's this rust stain on the floor from the toilet brush holder. I first sprayed some bathroom cleaner on it, but then remembered that the toilet bowl cleaner specifically stated it was tough on rust. So I spritzed some of that on there too... But you know, you should NEVER mix cleaning products. I know this. You probably know this. They can create toxic gasses. Fortunately, the two I mixed were less lethal than if it had been say, ammonia and bleach... But still. Don't be me. Death by cleaning products is not how any of us should go.

8 comments:

  1. My friend recently did this by mixing two different toilet cleaners! Who knew cleaning was so hazardous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this several years ago while cleaning the bathroom at the jewelry store. I don't remember which 2 cleaners I mixed but it was a horrible and caustic combination that made my lungs hurt and I couldn't stop coughing. Definitely a sucky lesson to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Sadly, it's one I knew and yet managed to forget I guess?

      Delete
  3. I've been discussing this a lot with other people, especially now that we have a larger place to live - I think if/when I get a better paying job I'm going to hire a house cleaner to help out and do the chores I hate lol. Maybe a house cleaner is an option for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably hire one again at some point. Since I'm not really working, I feel guilty spending money on something I should do myself. But money well spent if it brings some extra joy, right?

      Delete