Thursday, December 2, 2021

Thursday's Threads: Chanukah Edition

 


It's Chanukah Outfit Day!!! If you follow me on social media, you know that everyday of Chanukah is kind of an outfit day... But only today on the blog! We'll start with what the horses wore because that's really why you're here.

Bridles: Joseph Sterling
Browbands: made by me

Okay... you may notice that Al is not wearing a festive bridle. This is not because he does not have one. Oh no. It's because, despite that fact that he's been wearing it since Sunday, I have not remembered to take a photo of him wearing it. I'm the worst. But I included a photo of his cute face so you don't all start a "more Al!!" chant. 

Saddles & Pads:
Eros and Al- Butet saddles with Equine Star pads and Ippico half pad
Shiny- Custom Saddlery saddle with Mattes pad

Boots: Equine Star
Chanukah looks good on everybody, doesn't it? 

Okay, my turn! Here's what I wore today:

Not pictured are the DeNiro navy boots I wear frequently and the navy one K wide brim MIPS helmet. 

Sweater: Tipsy Elves
This dreidel sweater is one of my favorite Chanukah sweaters. It's festive and fun, but not TOO crazy. It's also ridiculously warm.

Belt: C4
I've had this belt several years now, and I think it's fading. It's still cute, just not very dark anymore. I actually bought a needlepoint belt to make for Chanukah but then forgot about it until it was definitely too late to get done for the holiday. Maybe next year...

Breeches: Ariat
You guys have seen these plenty. I like that they are a perfect match for the boarding barn's colors, but also work so well for Chanukah! 

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
These are not festive socks. But they match, so that's something anyway. I need some Chanukah boot socks! 

Watch Band: Society 6
I stumbled on this cute ugly Chanukah sweater print on Society 6 when I was looking for gifts for the family. I got them some masks and pouches with this print on it and snagged myself a watchband and phone cover. And maybe a travel coffee mug... The artist also has the print available on Zazzle, so the options are endless for things to have it printed on. It would be very much convenient if Society 6 and or Zazzle would start making saddle pads and horse boots. Just saying. My guy in Pakistan is great and all, but it would be nice to have easier access. 

And that's it for today! Happy Chanukah! Here's a gratuitous of photo of Pammon and I walking today. He's not dressed for Chanukah, but the color scheme fits!



6 comments:

  1. I love the Chanukah outfits but Pammon 🤩🤩🤩🤩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to have him back in the barn, but he is a dirty, hairy mess! Lol!

      Delete
  2. I’m loving following your Chanukah outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Chanukah to you!!! And I love these Chanukah outfits - so cheery. The blue and yellow/gold makes for a nice combo on the saddle pads/clothes etc! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color combo looks good on every horse which is convenient!

      Delete