Thursday, August 5, 2021

Thursday's Threads

 

Happy Outfit Day! I was inspired this week by my flamingo jump, so the ponies and I wore flamingos to match! (Okay, well Eros did... Shiny just stayed with the color them.)


I know, I've been wearing a lot of pink lately. It's summer. Plus I have a real life barbie pony so pink needs to happen sometimes. 

Bridles:
Eros- Royal Sports
Shiny- Riviera Equisports

Browbands:
Eros- Evoequine
Shiny- Wizard Creations


Okay so couple things... First, Eros sleeping in his bridle photo was so much better than a properly posed photo. Had to use it. Second, you are probably thinking, that's not the bridle shiny's wearing in the jumping photo. And you'd be correct. But it is the bridle we started our ride with. She was being absolutely awful though, and I wondered if the bridle was the problem so I changed it halfway through. It seems that every time I compliment Shiny on the blog she takes that as a challenge to remind she can be a typical pony on occasion. Anyway, the figure eight was not really the issue, she was just having a day. After a bit of a discussion she semi got her poo together. Also, yes this is a different figure eight bridle than you've seen before for her. The other just didn't fit her right. This one is better. She's kind of a weird size for a figure eight. I tried a pony size to see if that would work, but that was too small. In cob though, the top part of the eight seems often to be too long. I think what she really needs is one that's not padded so it had more adjustability. This one is pretty close though. And I'm not sure how much we'll use it so this one will be the winner for now.

Saddles:
Eros- Butet
Shiny- Custom Saddlery

Saddle Pads:
Eros- Lettia, Half pad is unbranded
Shiny- unbranded


Shiny's pad is interesting. It has a pile lining underneath which isn't nearly as nice as sheepskin or merino wool, but it's also like one fourth the price. So for one you might not use regularly, I think it's a fine option. I really like the Lettia baby pads that Eros is wearing. They have a little shape to the spine and I like that they extend past the saddle flaps. 

Boots:
Eros- Pfiff
Shiny- Punk Ponies

I like how the flamingo on Eros' boots is wearing a top hat. I guess he's a dressage flamingo. Which is odd since they're jumping boots... But either way, they're cute!

Okay my turn! Here's what I wore:
The breeches are a little more blue than aqua, but hey, close enough!

Helmet: One K CCS Mips


I know. I wear this one a lot. It goes with everything!

Top: Awake

I found this tee shirt at Kohl's a few years ago. I like that it's a loose comfy fit. Plus those flamingos making a heart is adorable.

Belt: C4

I remember being really excited when C4 and Lettia were on the same page. I am still pretty excited about it.

Breeches: Romfh
They look less blue in this photo... Lighting is so weird isn't it? Anyway, I like Romfh breeches. I'm cheap though, so I only get them when I find them on closeout. 

Socks: Dreamers And Schemers

I remember being disappointed that these socks had a dark pink background instead of mint. But then I remembered I had this tee shirt and they're a perfect match!

Boots: Celeris UK

Now that these boots are broken in, I find myself wearing them a lot more often. Probably also because they're very much a summery boot. Either way, I'm so glad I have these. They aren't really Eros' color, but they are ADORABLE on Shiny!

That's about it for today. Please don't expect me to have a matching jump for all future outfits though... That's extra even for me. Ha! Any favorites today?

4 comments:

  1. Now you've set the bar too high, I want a shark jump, and a pineapple jump, and, and.... All the fun themed outfits you have replicated in jumps! 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! We'll have to see what the dollar store has for decor... Lol!

      Delete
  2. I love those punk ponies boots. And the flamingo flowers. You know you set the bar way too high and we ALL are expecting matching jumps... at least 1x a month.

    ReplyDelete