Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Truthful Tuesday

I spent the day off yesterday working on the trailer packing again. It should have gone very quickly, but apparently a family of rodents had at some point taken up residence in my show trunk. It was DISGUSTING! So much poop. I've never seen so much in one place. Fortunately, they only destroyed a pair of polos (of course it was the stupid expensive Eskadron climatex ones) and a pair of hind boots that I wasn't particularly attached to. They kindly left my leather boots alone. But you guys. My trunk will never be the same.
This gross photo is about 3/4 of the way through it getting emptied.
I'm very grateful the tenants had already moved out. But boy did they leave a mess. So disgusting. Everything that was washable went into the washer and everything that wasn't got scrubbed and bleached. I guess if nothing else, Covid prepared me with solid disinfecting skills?
This is after much scrubbing and bleaching. Obviously those stains are here to stay. I suppose I COULD stain it and they might blend in more. But I just went with something easier:
An extra baby pad as a liner! Tada! All better! At least visually.

I have a long list of stuff I need to replace in the trunk. Mostly items that were expired or no longer the consistency they should be... Some of those ointments and things were like 10 years old!

In other trailer news, I got the replacement keys this weekend and they fit! Woohoo! Bad news is that door wasn't actually locked, but is still very much stuck. Now that I know it's not locked I can be a little more aggressive I guess. Hey, at least I have keys now!

So those are my confessions today: I housed rodents for quite some time and still did not fix the trailer door.

10 comments:

  1. Your poor trunk! I'm glad the casualties were minimal as far as the contents and that a spare baby pad was available to cover the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, for sure could have been even more disgusting!

      Delete
  2. Ughhhh I HATE rodents! Glad they had already moved on but sorry clean up was such a bear. Gross. And yay for new trailer keys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I have a dyson in the barn. Best Chanukah gift ever!

      Delete
  3. Ugh boo :( I had to clear out some nests too once I was allowed back at the barn. But like.... ugh. That poor trunk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had pet rats and pet mice in the past and I like them when they're not destroying my stuff, but I have a barn cat and traps and I was beyond pissed when I had to throw away most of our camping stuff including an entire mattress when a whole family of them moved into our truck a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just so disrespectful of others' belongings! And why must they poop constantly?

      Delete