I imagine you're pretty well caught up on life at Winthrop Corner these days. Not a whole lot going on other than chores and occasionally getting to ride my horses. Last week was a little crazy since I only had help two days. I didn't get to ride all of the horses all of the days because I did have to do some work for my job and also the days are getting shorter fast! We also got rained out Sunday. It wasn't a hard rain, and if it had been warmer I probably would have ridden. But it wasn't so I didn't!
Al particularly has had a lighter work regiment the past week because Bang and Clang next door seems to have a personal vendetta against him. I forget what day, but I think it was Friday or Saturday. Bang and Clang was suspiciously quiet all day and I was very much enjoying it. But mere moments after I got on Al, he comes out with a blue tarp that he needed to shake out, then drag behind him, and cover something with about as close to my ring as he could get. Then he just kept walking the tree line messing with branches. Needless to say, Al wasn't especially cool with that. We did a walk trot ride on a circle and called it a day. He's come a long way, but he still doesn't trust that guy. Which is fair because neither do I. Then yesterday, I decided to lunge Al with tack before my ride to see what I had, because he was quite riled up in turn out thanks again to Bang and Clang. Now, the dude had been in his garage making noise all day but he'd stayed in there which I can work with just fine. But as soon as I had Al working on the lunge? Out came the hedge trimmer. Guys. It's October. What could POSSIBLY need to hedge trimming? Apparently the entire perimeter of his yard. So we just lunged and called it a day. Of course when I got on the other two he was back in his garage. That guy. I may be committed soon because I really think the people around me are driving me insane. I like to reflect to see if I'm the problem, but in both scenarios of people who have triggered me this week, I just don't see that I am. Which I could be, of course. But I'm not seeing it.
Eros has been a little spooky too, I think the change in sun angle gets to them a little. The shadows look different. And they aren't working especially hard so I imagine the energy levels are a little high too. But we're still plugging away. No intense work, just making sure all the buttons are still installed and trying to get them to keep their bellies up and engaged. We haven't jumped since I fell off a few weeks ago. Not because I'm worried about it, just because we haven't had consistent enough work. I'm sure we will again before winter arrives. But not right now.
That's really about all that's happening here. Doing the things, and loving my horses. Wishing they would be just a touch neater in their stalls... Lol!

No comments:
Post a Comment