Wednesday, August 12, 2026

What's Up Wednesday

 


Guys. We got to ride all six days last week! A few of them were abbreviated rides because that's just the theme this year. But still counts! ALL THE HORSES, ALL SIX DAYS! 

Of course it wasn't without challenges. Sunday when I was on Al in the backyard for Sunday Funday (in the sidepull) a tree branch fell right in front of us. He hasn't moved that fast under saddle in years! I nearly fell of about 8 times during the kerfluffle, but he did keep my on top, so I give him much credit for rescuing me from the danger.



Our path from Al saving my life

That happened on Sunday, and then Monday evening, a couple of houses over they were doing some tree work. But it was a bunch of teen boys doing it... So Al is a little out of sorts so far this week. He really hates sounds involving trees. But we have started what I call Tiny Ring Tuesday in which Al works on a smaller section of the ring on Tuesday in hopes that his brain will be reinstalled for the rest of the week. It worked last week, so we'll see what we get today. Fingers crossed his angst doesn't last this time. Though I think it's fair that he's having some feelings after his "trauma". 

I don't really have much to report about riding these horses this week. For the most part, everyone was really good. Shiny's kid jumped her around Thursday. It was pretty steamy out so nothing too long or exciting happened. Al did a few jumps too but we were battling neighbor interference so we didn't do a lot. 
Wonder what my right hand was after here...

We didn't jump a second time last week because it would have been Saturday. But it was around 90 and the humidity was high, so we did very light flat rides instead. 

In other news, my replacement posts have been delivered to finish getting all of the fencing fixed up. I have a lot of rotten posts so they will be swapped out for fresh ones this weekend. Thank goodness. I have a few sections that aren't going to hold on much longer. 

I start braiding tomorrow night for what I like to call the Connecticut Olympics. I have 5 Thursday night, 3 Friday, and 2 Sunday. My helper in the barn is off this coming week too, so I'll be on my own in the barn for nine days. And I'll also be braiding the ending weekend of those nine days. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday again. I'm not sure how much riding will get done that weekend if any. I have two barns I'm braiding for those days (I call that weekend the beginner olympics) but don't have counts yet. I may have to braid all night, come home and feed breakfast, then sleep for a bit. THEN do stalls and turnout. If that's what happens the horses will just have a little vacation. I can only get so much done in a day! I don't think they'll mind either way. 

All that to say, I think I'm going to take another blog vacation next week, unless something truly exciting happens that I need to share. We'll see how the week goes. 

That's it from here! How are things where you are?



No comments:

Post a Comment