Wednesday, July 29, 2026

What's Up Wednesday

 

We had kind of a light-ish end of the week/weekend. Which was  actually fine with me because there was plenty going on! My new helper was off Thurs, Fri, Mon, and Tues, so I was on full time barn duty all six days. Shiny's kiddo was away too helping out at a horsey sleep over camp in VT. I can't wait to hear all about it! Her friend's family owns it, so she was working with her friend. Kind of like camp councilors I think. Anyway, she's checked in a couple of times and sounds like it was lots of fun.

As for me and the horses... Thursday was a normal day. We got chores done, I dragged the ring, and everyone got ridden. I think Shiny jumped? Who can remember. I feel like it was a year ago. Lol! Friday was a busy day! I got chores done and rode Shiny. Al had the vet coming for 2ish, but I knew he'd be late because he was going to a big barn nearby first and they always surprise him with extra horses. Fortunately he was only about an hour late. Not too bad as these things can go! I first had that front tendon looked at before riding. It's been totally back to normal, but you know, best to have a professional take a look if possible. Doc agreed that it's a non thing. So that was good. Then I got on for an evaluation and we decided on some maintenance for Al. 

Those maintenance naps... nothing like it!

I was getting a little nervous that he wasn't going to wake up in time though... Because I needed to feed, shower, and leave my house by 6pm. Thankfully, Al was ready to eat in time and I made it! My niece was performing in Frozen. She played young Anna, and did the most wonderful job! She opened the show with a solo, and I was so proud of her. It was a sold out crowd too!

Saturday was another normal day except that Al had the day off. He stayed in from turnout, but we had a nice hand walk in the late afternoon and some grass after that. It was a lovely day!

Sunday was beautiful. Like one of those top ten perfect weather days. It was sunny and warm, but not hot. No wind. After chores were done, we got to have a proper Sunday Funday. Well. Al was still on vacation but he had a nice hand graze. The other two did a short bareback ring ride, and then meandered out in the backyard with snackies mixed in. Eros even ventured out away from the barn which can be hard to get him to do. That horse really hates nature. 




Monday the horses had off, which was good because my chore list is out of control these days. I got the barn done in the morning, then took Rita for a walk, and finally got down to work on laundry and a few other things around the house. 

The weather people were all threatening that Tuesday would be wet all day, but for once I was thankful they were wrong! It actually was an okay day. No rain, just very humid. Which was perfect because I was DYING to ride Al and see how he felt after his vet work. He felt significantly better, and was actually a lot more willing to go forward. Though that might be a by product of his four days off. Hard to say for sure. We are definitely rained out today as it's been pouring since 5am here. But that's okay. We needed the rain. We've had some deluges here in the past couple of weeks, but when it rains like that the water just runs off the ring. It doesn't soak in. So we were getting VERY dusty. The rain today is more steady and should have a chance to soak into the ground. 

That's about it from here. I plan to probably drag the ring tomorrow and get everyone flatted, then maybe Friday we can jump around a little bit. If the weather allows of course. Hope you all had a great week/weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment