Thursday, September 22, 2022

Thursday's Threads

 

Outfit day again! Since it's officially fall, and navy season is probably coming, I'm getting all the green in that I can. So it's green again today! I reached into the archives for the horses' outfit today. Al is modeling for us this week. Here's what he wore:

I think the few weeks of light work weren't all that bad for him. He's looking relaxed and, well... a bit chunky if we're being honest.

Bridle: Pinnacle
Browband: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks
He sure is cute... And look, his fake overbite isn't showing too much here!

Boots: QHP
I've mentioned before that I can't help myself when I see green horse boots. So when I saw these, obviously I bought them. They're really cute on the horses, but especially cute on the pony. Tiny, fluffy horse boots are just adorable. 

Saddle: Butet
Half Pad: Mattes
Saddle Pad: USG
I'd forgotten all about having these pads. They are pretty old. I bought them when I still was riding Rio and Jampy. They've been tucked away in a tack trunk ever since. I rediscovered them this weekend when I was hunting for something else. I'm so glad I found them! I have three, so I'm guessing I must have bought these when Ducky was still around. They're nice pads. They are a nice thickness, not as thin as a baby pad, but not a bulky pad either. 

So that's what the horses wore. And here's what I had on:
This photo shows a teal hue to the breeches, but they're really a brighter green color. Photos can be so deceiving! 

Helmet: One K
I shuffled my One K's around a bit after I finally found yellow gold parts for them! I had my black and rose gold pieces on this wide brim helmet, and the not wide brim one was green and rose gold. I decided to make the narrow brim black and rose gold, and moved the green center piece and the gold parts to this wide brim. If only they would make a green or brown mips helmet I could have one that's fully my colors... Until that day, this is as good as it will get. I like it though! The gold is very shiny!

Shirt: Dover
Iv'e had this awhile too. It's perfect for fall with the dark colors and I like the stirrups with leathers motif.

Belt: Vintage Dior
I found this belt years ago, either on Ebay or Poshmark. I can't remember where. It was old then, and now it's really old. but I think it's really classic and pretty. I should probably oil it though, it's starting to crack a bit. 

Breeches: RJ Classics
This color is June Bug. It photographs a little different than it looks in real life. In photos it's almost the same as my TS breeches in Ocean, which is like a pastel teal color. But in real life these are sort of a more yellow hued hunter. If that makes sense. I wish I could get them to photograph more accurately. Even the stock photos aren't quite right. 

Boots: Mountain Horse Sovereign Lux
I snagged these on sale I think last year? They're very nice boots, pretty comfy and I love the crocodile on the top. I don't think I'd pay retail for them, but would recommend if you found them on sale someplace.

And that's it for today! I shall leave you with a photo of the outfit in action on each of the horses.








2 comments:

  1. I like the green! For some reason I always end up with all blue everything lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes sense, blue is best in these parts after all! I like blue too, which is a good thing since it's all blue all winter! Lol!

      Delete