Thursday, January 13, 2022

Thursday's Threads: the one where we wear shades of blue... again

 

Outfit Day! Honestly, I am very much looking forward to spring/summer when outfit days are fun again. But in the meantime, I'll do the best I can to keep it at least semi entertaining. This week, Eros will be our outfit model. Let's see what he had on:

Bridle: Camelot
Browband: Boy O'Boy Bridleworks

I'm really happy with how these bridles are holding up, given that they are very much the opposite of high end tack. I get a lot of compliments on them too. Unfortunately, they are discontinued. Everything fab gets discontinued!

Saddle: Butet
Saddle Pad: Mattes
I gotta say guys, these Mattes pads are worth every penny. They just sit so nicely on the horses' backs and they seem to hold up well too. I like the all in one pad/halfpad come winter when the horses hair/skin seems to be more sensitive to getting rubs. 

Boots: Premier Equine
These are my favorite everyday boots for the horses. I really wish they would make them in hunter!

So that's what Eros was wearing this week, and here's what I had on:

All the blues. All at once.


Helmet: One K CCS MIPS Wide brim
I've switched back to fabric masks with a filter inside now that I'm well past ten days since my exposure to Covid. These are just so much more comfortable with a helmet on. I will absolutely still wear an N95 in any indoor public spaces, but I feel that being in the barn/indoor is relatively safe enough to get by with the fabric mask. Especially since there aren't many people around when I'm there during the day. Fingers crossed I don't regret this decision. 

Hoodie: Champion
All the cool kids wore Champion sweatshirts back when I was a kid. We're talking late 80's early 90's time. I had forgotten all about Champion for the most part, but I fell prey to a targeted add not too long ago. The result was this hoodie and velour sweats that I use as jammies now. I'm back to loving Champion. So COMFY! Plus this hoodie is pretty much the barn colors, so that's fun. 

Belt: Mane Jane
This is definitely one of my favorite Mane Jane straps. I paired it with the gunmetal buckle this time.

Breeches: Dover Wellesley

I think these are my favorite weight breeches for "normal" winter days. They're for sure warmer than Tailored Sportsman, but not as warm as my corduroy breeches. I save those for the bitter cold days. 

Socks: Dreamers and Schemers
Last year, or the year before maybe, the barn had socks made through D&S, and who am I to not buy a pair? I love the barn's logo. I love D&S socks... It was a win-win.

Boots: Tredstep
Full disclosure, I forgot to snap a pick yesterday with the rest of the outfit, so this pic is from today. But at least it's a new photo! I tried to wear similar color breeches to keep things similar. I'm still in love with these boots. They make winter bearable. 

And that's it for today! I'm thinking we'll switch to green next week if I remember to dig out the green pads. Stay tuned I guess...


4 comments: