Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Truthful Tuesday: I've been keeping a secret...

 

 

There's something I haven't shared with you all... Sunday, July 11th was one of those days where my emotions hit every part of the emotional spectrum. That is the day I lost Artie, but something potentially really great happened also. 

You all remember the horse I went to try a few weeks ago, but was above my pay grade? Well, early in the day on July 11th, I received a text that we could in fact reach an agreement on price. I know right? Life is weird. Life with horses is especially so. I called my investor my dad to talk about things, and he said to go ahead and set up the trial the owner had offered to me. 

The horse arrived at my house the following Wed and I had just over a week to try him out and have the vet check him all over. The timing was great as my old trainer was home from Florida and in between showing so she was able to come out and give me a lesson him. 


He is a wonderful horse! I've never had a horse come off the trailer here and just settle in. Not a single spook the entire time I had him on trial. Not at the neighbor, not at the low flying airplanes nor the helicopters, and not even at the campers you can hear through the woods. Not a single spook! He jumped around softly. Did I mention he's only six? Our only struggle was still the lead changes, and I had a few questions for the vet. 

Unfortunately, the vet is where things didn't go as well as I'd hoped. He had the same question I did and so I had to pass on this otherwise perfect horse for me. The answer to the question may be simple, but at six and for the price tag, it wasn't a risk I was able to take on. I have one of those sitting in a field already... And that one vetted great! 

So that's today's confession. I had an extra horse for a little while, but don't anymore. I'm not in the market for a new horse, this one just kind of fell into my lap. If it was meant to be it would have been, but for now, I'll be over on Petfinder looking at dogs... (But also, I'm not looking for a new dog, I don't think P wants one.)

14 comments:

  1. Oh I got so excited for you and then you got to the vetting part. Womp womp 😭😭😭 sorry it didn't work out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Yes, my emotions have been all over the place the past few weeks. There will always be more horses out there. The right one will show up when it's meant to.

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhhhhh that was a roller coaster of emotions! I'm sorry he didn't work out, but I greatly admire your attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Seriously. Talk about all over the map. Up down, up down... It was like posting trot. But with my feelings.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear it didn't work out. At this point in my life I try to remain extremely skeptical until a horse has passed the vetting because it can be so heartbreaking. I do truly believe things will work out when they should though. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! And even then I'm skeptical... (Thanks Pammon for that...)
      I believe that also. Things happen when they are meant to, we just have to be patient sometimes.

      Delete
  4. oof.... ya know what, tho, good for you for being so practical about what you do and don't want and need. in a way, maybe it's almost a relief to get the first 'disappointment' out of the way before you even got serious about shopping? maybe?? idk, sorry tho :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he was an older horse, or less expensive, it might have been worth the risk. But since he's not those things, I had to be a responsible adult! How boring. Haha!

      Delete
  5. Oh man, that is hard to pass on the perfect horses like that... But likely wise if a big vet question come up on such a young horse. Man, horses are hard.

    Good luck finding another dog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hard! I'm not sure I'll find another with such a good mind, especially such a young one!
      Thanks! There is one I have my eye on... I'm just not sure Pia wants one, so I'm trying to figure that out.

      Delete
  6. That is really too bad. I hate when a young horse doesn’t pass a vet check. I worry about them long term.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but I think he'll be just fine. He has a really wonderful owner right now, and she's going to pursue the issue with her vet. I don't actually know what's wrong, just that at this moment he's not 100%. I'm sure she will get him fixed up!

      Delete