Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Truthful Tuesday: The one where my brother gets pranked

Alternate Title: Using 23 and Me to mess with your siblings

This isn't really a confession so much as a HILARIOUS story about my brothers. And I had absolutely nothing to do with it, except for enjoying the hilarity... My older brother submitted his DNA to 23 and Me awhile back so he has an account with them. Any time a potential family member joins, he gets a notification.

Sibs and Dad at Older Bro's college graduation circa 1998
So my littler brother, who is a half sibling to my older brother and I (we all share Dad), decided to try out 23 and Me also. But my little brother isn't into the interwebs or the government knowing everything about him. So be submitted using a fake name, Jorge Rodriguez. Can you see where this is going? No? Try harder... You'll get there...

Sibs at my college graduation circa 2002 complete with bunny ears...

Also important to note, my younger brother was conceived via IVF in the 80's. You'll appreciate this in a moment.

Sibs and Dad at little bro's college grad, circa 2010
A few weeks ago, my older brother gets a ping from 23 and Me that he has a new relative who is a potential half sibling. Well, older brother panics. He goes to his wife and says "what should I do??? Do I call Dad? This could kill him!" First he thinks maybe dad had a little something on the side... And then he goes further and thinks maybe they used dad's um... deposit, for someone other than my stepmom way back in the 80's.

Are you guys dying yet?! Cause I am.. Hilarious. Total panic. Of course, my sister-in-law being a more rational human being says, "you should probably call your brother first." So big bro calls little bro and little bros says "What's 23 and Me?"

sibs with Dad at Dad's wedding also 2010
Hahahahahahahaha! Unfortunately, he couldn't hold it together for much longer, and 'fessed up.

So that's today's story about how my Little Bro totally punk'd my Big Bro. And I just got to sit back and laugh my ass off.

6 comments:

  1. omgod haha..... i would have 100% flipped out too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am dying and I'm disappointed your brother didn't keep it going... you should've had your dad in on it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I told my sister in law she should have said "I'm sure your dad knows..."

      Delete