Thursday, August 22, 2019

Thursdays Threads: 80's rock edition

Outfit Day! Woohoo! I've been waiting forever for my 80's rock themed outfit day because I kept forgetting about it. Ha. Senility. It's happening. Anyway, we'll start with my riding outfit because google is taking its sweet time uploading today's photos.
So here's what I rode in last night on Monday:

I didn't realize this tank had the giant armholes so you could see my boring nude colored cami under it which was definitely not the look I'd have gone for... Thank goodness I ride alone in my backyard...

Helmet: One K
I had a tough time deciding which helmet and boots to wear. Originally I was thinking one of the Celeris pairs, but then it rained, and I decided to save those for another day. This glittery helmet totally works with the belt buckle though... You'll see.

Tank: Not sure on brand
I've had this awhile but never wore it, so I can't even remember where I got it. It could have been Forever 21, could have been Zulily. Hard to say for sure. I love the cassette print though! Do you guys even know what those are?!

Belt: Hot Topic
I actually got this from Poshmark second hand. I think it's amazing.

Breeches: Ariat
I don't like these breeches very much. I think I'm going to sell them. There's nothing really wrong with them, they're stretchy and pretty comfortable. But I dunno. I'm just not that into them.

Boots: TuffRider Regal Patent
I know you're all tired of them. But hopefully just a few more months and they'll be retired. Let's hope they make it.

So that's what I wore. But the horses got in on the fun too! Well maybe Pammon more so than Shiny, but she played too! We'll start with her:

Saddle Pad: Echt Lammfell
I was hoping to find a black pad with sheepskin or wool underneath that wasn't too expensive and this bad boy showed up on Ebay. I really like this one, the pad part isn't super thick or stiff and the sheepskin is nice and fluffy.

Bridle: I can't remember what brand this one is...
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
Maybe not the best shot, but yes, that's her spiked browband! I think I like the straight ones best. At least for her little (ish) head.

Boots: Punk Ponies
It's subtle, but these are black hologram. You can kind of see the rainbow reflection on the right side.

And here's Pammon's super fun outfit!

Baby Pad: handmade


I had to make that photo extra big so you could really appreciate all the cassette tapes on there! What's fun too, is there are so many options for half pad and boot colors to match! I went with black this time to keep it sort of punk, but I think it would be fun with purple (and the rainbow bit) too! This was made by a girl who closed up her online shop so I can't find the name of it anymore. But it's a great pad, I wish she was still in business. Probably I should just learn to use a sewing machine and make my own baby pads.

Bridle: Royal Sports
Browband: Dark Jewel Designs
He was zero percent cooperative about taking a bridle photo... So you can see pretty much nothing here... He is also donning an awesome spiked browband.

Boots: Punk Ponies
This photo is a little better of the hologram effect. Although, funny story... Only one of his boots was hologram. The right one was just black patent. There was a booboo in the packaging I guess! Punk Ponies is out of them right now in the size he needs, but they are going to send me a new pair when they come back into stock. They are a wonderful company, if you ever need fun boots or saddle pads, definitely check them out. They're privately owned and really great to work with.

And here's what I wore to work today:

I really thought it would be way more fun with a neon green tank underneath, but I also thought maybe not so work appropriate... So I kept it toned down.

Top: Cabi
Back in the 80's Madonna used to love to mix lace with leather and black and whatever else. So I brought that back today. I went with a wide strapped tank underneath to try and keep it classy.

Belt: Express
I've had this belt since college! Before you applaud me for it still fitting, it used to be a little too big. And now it is not. But whatever. It's still awesome and is PERFECT with these jeans.

Jeans: Romeo & Juliet Couture
I felt like those big brass circles were kind of 80's rock like, no? These are cute jeans, I think the detail is super fun.

Shoes: Wild Diva
Why, yes, these ARE gold glitter jelly shoes! Thanks for noticing! Nothing says 80's like a sweet pair of plastic shoes. I imagine my feet will smell fab by the end of the day.

 Arm Party!
Lefty:
Lefty is donning a little rhinestone bracelet, along with a rubber one that has a black pearl in the center. The pearl bracelet came from Zulily, and I think the other may have been from Express.

Righty:
Righty has my fitbit up first in a black metal bracelet, followed by a Kate Spade bangle and then two bracelets from Forever 21.

And that's it for this week! What do you think of the 80's rock theme? Did I pull it off?! What are you wearing today?

7 comments:

  1. Wow. You are my hero. I'm a child of the 80s - cassettes were my jam! lol I love the cassette belt and the saddle pad! You totally pulled it off on both outfits. I like how the work outfit was a bit more conservative, but still solidly 80s inspired.

    Also - I said out loud (at work no less) omg! she has gold glitter jelly shoes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I found those shoes online and didn't even think twice about owning them. I have a mint green pair too.
      Remember mix tapes?! So much more meaningful than a digital play list.

      Delete
    2. I loved making mix tapes! There were many "Laura's tunes Vol 1", "vol 2" etc. etc. LOL

      Delete
  2. Love it also I want to see a photo of your closet lol Like do you have these outfits laid out in your closet or do you do it the night before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My closet situation is useless. But most of the themed stuff I keep in bins so it's all together.

      Delete
  3. I love that lace shirt, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete